M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

Thought I'd put up a quick post about removing the headlight on the new 2010 LO M109R's. This is the updated model with the tacho already in the headlight cowl and the factory Gear indicator

I had to remove my headlight in order to install a 12v cigarette lighter to run my GPS and charge my phone. I read all the threads about removing the 2 allen screws on the side and the two push-clips at the top.

For the 2010 LO model there is no need to remove the two allen screws on the side, and no need to remove the push pins.

Simply remove the 4 small bolts behind the headlight cover (2 either side of the forks). The headlight will then lift off in 1 complete unit. The plastic surrounding the tacho will come up and off with the headlight.

When facing the bike from the front, note that there is a small "hook" on the right side of the frame attached to the bike (see the top right circle in the first picture below) for the frame inside the headlamp to hold on to. That way when you undo all four bolts the headlight doesn't fall away.

Also, I found that the cabling from the factory was a bit twisted and all over the place, so I had to jiggle it around a little to get it out first time. I have since cable tied the offending cables out of the way so its a simple in-out affair should I need to change my light bulbs.

Hope this helps :doorag:

Peter

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,874 Posts
Thanks for posting this. If someone was thinking about retrofitting the newer headlight to an older bike, this is great information to have. Not only would you need the complete headlight assembly, but also the mounting frame.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just putting my bit back into this great community. A wealth of information that saves people time, money, and bleeding knuckles...

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Thanks Peter, good to know,,,,,,,,,,:bigthumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts