M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone need help
My M90 is seems to miss fire or bogue down at speeds of 80- 100 km, Also seems to occur more often when the temperature is very warm like 30 degrees celcius or 85 fehrenhite. when i'm stopped at a stop light it will sometimes stall or over reve( the RPM goes up). I've been thinking it was electrical, I replace 4 plugs and I thhought i seem to run better but then it acts up again, so I replaced the 2 ignition coils same result. Replace computer (ECM). Same result There is no error code that appears when this probem occurs. I've read that if you short 2 pins on a connector errors can appear. I just downloaded the service man. so I'll look into that. At this point I'm thinking it's a fuel problem, I use premium gas. I'm thinking it's the fule pump because sometimes I have notice when I flick the switch to start the fuel pump it is sluggish sometimes, it doesn't run smooth. This problem is very intermittent so difficult to trouble shoot. So any feed back would be great.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is not feedback, but I have started to get a similar feeling at speeds of 100kph. Loss of power and even felt like it was only firing one cylinder and could cut out at any time.
I changed the spark plugs today. From inspection, the old plugs all looked normal. I'm also thinking that it may be bad fuel.
Let me know of you have any new info. Thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi everyone need help
My M90 is seems to miss fire or bogue down at speeds of 80- 100 km, Also seems to occur more often when the temperature is very warm like 30 degrees celcius or 85 fehrenhite. when i'm stopped at a stop light it will sometimes stall or over reve( the RPM goes up). I've been thinking it was electrical, I replace 4 plugs and I thhought i seem to run better but then it acts up again, so I replaced the 2 ignition coils same result. Replace computer (ECM). Same result There is no error code that appears when this probem occurs. I've read that if you short 2 pins on a connector errors can appear. I just downloaded the service man. so I'll look into that. At this point I'm thinking it's a fuel problem, I use premium gas. I'm thinking it's the fule pump because sometimes I have notice when I flick the switch to start the fuel pump it is sluggish sometimes, it doesn't run smooth. This problem is very intermittent so difficult to trouble shoot. So any feed back would be great.
I think I figured out my issues I was either my fuel pump or cable to my dash board on tank shorting to radiator cap.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same problems with K&N airfilters... Switched back to originals and no problems after that. I think it was going lean with k&n...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts