M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Be advised of new part number: The 2009 M109R has a different clutch lever than 2005-2008. The correct part number is: 57621-48G11.

I just bought a stock clutch lever through the forum and it didn't fit correctly. Come to find out the 2009 IS different. Just wanted to let folks know.

Thanks.

·
Registered
183 Posts
i can tell you that the 2010 is different for sure, i try to install aftermarket clutch lever a few minutes ago, and the lever hit the "pass" button ..... :edit:
My buddy has an 07 when he first got it this happened all the time. Hey had to realign the bars and clutch perch. Might be worth a try before returning them. It was rexman109 if you wanna ask which way everything needs to move

·
Radio Active Member
27,699 Posts
i can tell you that the 2010 is different for sure, i try to install aftermarket clutch lever a few minutes ago, and the lever hit the "pass" button ..... :edit:
You just need to take off the alignment knub on that switch housing and then reinstall it so it will not interfere.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fit

On my 2009 the lever end was not flush with the mount when closed. When closed the lever protruded a couple mm's or so past the mount. Also, the bend is not same. It is a very minor difference in the two and difficult to eyeball but it is different. I realized it when the bolt didn't want to drop in and then when I did get it aligned as best possible, you could tell it wasn't correct.

Just wanted to let folks know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2009 lever

Picked up a new lever from the dealer yesterday. Comparing the two there were obvious differences. It installed with no problems....amazing how that works with the correct part!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts