M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I just got my dream bike 2008 M109R2
I got it for the lowest price ever since it has Transmission issues with 2nd gear which means i will have to rebuild the transmission to get it back to a safe drivable state
i am willing to do that on my own as I am mechanically inclined and that will save me tones of money

Does anyone have any step by step guide that can help me with my DIY?
if not I can make one through my journey and poste it on the forum

Thank you,
Mina

· Registered
286 Posts
Hello,
I got it for the lowest price ever since it has Transmission issues with 2nd gear which means i will have to rebuild the transmission to get it back to a safe drivable state
i am willing to do that on my own as I am mechanically inclined and that will save me tones of money

Thank you,
Mina
Thank you,
I was just on the phone with R&D transmission
The have figured out some mods to the transmission that will prevent this issue from happening again and make it shift much smother
They haven't figured out anything different then anyone else. I use Mark at R&D for all of our builds. They magnaflux all the parts for stress fractures and fix or replace. They then back cut either 2nd gear or all 5, your choice. You then get hardened shift rods and hardened selector forks. This is standard throughout the industry that backcutting the gears locks in the dogs so you don't have these problems again.

· Registered
286 Posts
Hello,

Thank you,
Mina
That is the only one i could find online
I was hoping for a more detailed one
That is the only one out there, which is the C109 but basically the same. The whole job is not hard, just messy and time consuming. You will need a couple special tools. One to take off the generator as that needs a puller. Follow the manual. Depending on the manual, the images may be wrong on the piston orientation so pay attention to that. The dot goes to the exhaust side. We use black ultra permatex that is at any parts store. It is good for oil. Feel free to hit me up if you need assistance.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They haven't figured out anything different then anyone else. I use Mark at R&D for all of our builds. They magnaflux all the parts for stress fractures and fix or replace. They then back cut either 2nd gear or all 5, your choice. You then get hardened shift rods and hardened selector forks. This is standard throughout the industry that backcutting the gears locks in the dogs so you don't have these problems again.
apologies if my words were misleading
I am not familiar with this practice
And what you mentioned is exactly what they told me

1 - 11 of 11 Posts