M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a quick questions I want to get a power commander for my 2008 M109r (Grey) Why does the Pwr Commander 3 USB work with it and the Pwr Commander V doesn't. According to the website the PCIII USB is the only one compatible. Why is this? I really wont a PC V but because of the auto tune, is there anyway I can get this to work?

·
Registered
152 Posts
that is an excellent question. I asked the same thing to my mechanic and he told me that the auto tune would be good overall, but a specific map for my bike would give me the specific characteristics that i was looking for.

im sure some of the techno-wizards will have more detailed information for you

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm 99% sure the PCV will work on your bike, bit wait for confirmation. I'm sure other board users have put the PCV on a bike that Dynotune say to use the PC3 USB.

As for the Autotune ... I'm still not sold on it. I asked my tuner, he tested it on race bikes. Good at top end, no good at low speed.

The Autotune does weird things at low speed.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
if memery serves me right it is compatable they i think they changed wireing collors and moved some things around on the throttle bodys of the newer 9s but I preaty sure it has been done!!! seems i read it on here somewhere!! good luck keep us posted

·
Registered
339 Posts
The PCV does work on all the 9 reguardless of year. I have the PCV & AT on my 08 and love it! The ony thing is if you get it do NOT turn on the REV EXTEND feature as it does nothing for our particular bike and causes quick acceleration problems. This came straight from the tech I was talking to from DynoJet.

I installed the 5wire wide band in the front header pipe (Look in the pics and you can see the O2 sensor but it looks like a factory part.) according to DynoJet there is no need to map both jugs since they run so close. There have been plenty debates about this so its personal preferance

The auto tune is there to just manage your AFR thats it the fact that its a 5 wire is even better. Actually better than whats on your car or truck. Its a well thought out system im not saying its perfect but what is. Best part is if your O2 meter goes out while on a ride just flip a switch and it will use the last saved map as a referance to run the bike on!

So far its been great! I had a few hick ups. But the tech line with DynoJet is so awsome they will walk you right thru it. When I would jump on the throttle the bike would fall flat on its face then pop and take off like shot out of a cannon. After some accelerator pump command changes to the DELTA values. Now all of the hesitation is gone! The bike just flat moves when kicked in the ass!
The mileage is been averaging around 40-41mpg now where I used to get 37mpg. I like the ability to plug my laptop to my bike and see real time data. If ya need anymore info feel free to ask me. Im still in the learning curve myself but its been a real learning experiance....Hope this helps Cole

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Cole I am also considering a TFI but I will send any questions I have in a PM to you.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Info

Thanks for the input, I was wondering the same. Plan on getting mine dyno tuned. Can we get some more weigh in on which will give the most benefit. ('08)

·
Registered
365 Posts
I have a PCV on my 06 and it's running fine...apparently they tell people that the PCV is for the 09 and above models because they wouldn't be able to sell the PCIII's they already have in stock...makes sence.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I also have a 08 grey and use the PCV with auto tune. I love it and it was a straight forward install. Plugs in just as the directions state.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts