M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a 2008 C109R purchased in June of 2021. First off, I have to say I love this bike and I managed to get it in immaculate shape with only 6750km on it.

Since this will be my first winter storing the bike, I intend to connect a battery tender while I leave it in my garage over the winter months. I have not yet found out where the battery is located on this bike. My old honda had the battery under the seat and easily accessible by removing a few bolts. Just wondering how easy it is to remove the battery on the C109R or just access to connect the leads from the battery tender.

Thanks so much.

Rob Skinner

·
Registered
2009 / VZR1800
3,706 Posts
Hi all,

I have a 2008 C109R purchased in June of 2021. First off, I have to say I love this bike and I managed to get it in immaculate shape with only 6750km on it.

Since this will be my first winter storing the bike, I intend to connect a battery tender while I leave it in my garage over the winter months. I have not yet found out where the battery is located on this bike. My old honda had the battery under the seat and easily accessible by removing a few bolts. Just wondering how easy it is to remove the battery on the C109R or just access to connect the leads from the battery tender.

Thanks so much.

Rob Skinner
This might help you, not only now, but also in the future,,,

VLR1800K8 Service Manual.pdf

·
Registered
239 Posts
My BIL has a 2008 C109R. Its a GREAT bike! Along with the battery maintainer I like to pull the battery and store it some place warm (if your garage is going to get really cold). I also over-pressure the tires and block them up off of the floor. Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new bike!

·
Registered
137 Posts
And that is the "rub" here in Commie-fornia, in the winter months, we just ride. It helps us forget the freedoms they are stripping away.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'll ride for a bit yet but we've already had some snow and heavy frost most mornings. This is the time of year to start looking at the snowmobiles (sleds) and get them fired up for the winter season.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Rob, I recently bought the same bike - 2008 C109RT - and when I was fiddling around with it this weekend, I noticed someone had already installed a battery tender quick connect to the battery and the lead that you plug into is in the compartment on the right side of the bike (behind that plastic cover that comes off). Since I'll likely keep mine ready to ride during the winter on those slightly warmer days here in MD, I'll conveniently use that lead to plug the tender in if I leave it sit for a couple weeks or more. Just mentioning this as an option to full removal maybe.

·
Registered
2009 / VZR1800
3,706 Posts
My BIL has a 2008 C109R. Its a GREAT bike! Along with the battery maintainer I like to pull the battery and store it some place warm (if your garage is going to get really cold). I also over-pressure the tires and block them up off of the floor. Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new bike!
Do you know,
that led acid batteries self discharge faster
in warm storage. than in cold storage?
Google it so you trust this note.. Cheers 🍻

1 - 11 of 11 Posts