M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't had or ridden a bike in thirty years......saw a commercial for "Victory" motorcycle and was in awe of that big back tire on a production bike.....no dealers close to me so continued to peruse the cycle sites and came upon the M109.....what a sweet lookin bike, had no intention of buying a bike until I sat on that baby.....now have a 2007 on order and hopefully get it next month...so the dealer said anyway....have my doubts.......anywho would be thankful any feedback on your experiences with the bike. Oh yeah......did hop on a friend's bike to see if I still could ride.....brought back alot of memories.....can't wait to fire up my M109...ya gotta let me know how loud, haven't even heard her yet......thanks

·
Registered
898 Posts
i do love mine and  :welcome: they put cobra dragsters on mine before i picked it up so i could'nt tell you about stock... i prefer aftermarket pipes...

hope you don't have to wait too long...

khrome

·
Registered
122 Posts
Great bike you will love it. Loads of power and awsome looks. Factory pipes will not get you a ticket but do sound like this bike means buisness. What color did you order?

·
Registered
326 Posts
My dealer told me the '07 won't be available till October.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ordered the bike in Black.....so ya think October delivery..hmmm hope not....here's the deal though....was quoted the same price for a 06....and like I said the dealer said probably July...August the latest.....what would you of done???

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have a 'o6 black that I'm going to give my son when my '07 comes in. Mine was ordered last week (the red color) and my dealer called the factory rep. in Atlanta and he said '07's would be out end of July or first of August. We'll see.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Same story. Hadn't rode in 15 years. Was casually looking with a friend at HD's for a few days. Honestly didn't see anything that shook me. Went looking on the web that night at the metrics. Searched relentlessly til I had the last silver one in the state 36 hours later. Friend finally bought a V-rod a week later after nagging him for a riding partner considering it was his idea in the first place. Loving life. My daily prozac. Adding a 'lil shadow painting next week. Subtle and classy. Bike's already pretty

·
Registered
849 Posts
I hope all you who ordered the 07s get them sooner rather than later.
I know you'll love them whenever they arrive.
I'm so looking forward to seeing what the new red looks like on the 109.
Jer

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dicarlos said:
Same story. Hadn't rode in 15 years. Was casually looking with a friend at HD's for a few days. Honestly didn't see anything that shook me. Went looking on the web that night at the metrics. Searched relentlessly til I had the last silver one in the state 36 hours later. Friend finally bought a V-rod a week later after nagging him for a riding partner considering it was his idea in the first place. Loving life. My daily prozac. Adding a 'lil shadow painting next week. Subtle and classy. Bike's already pretty
You ain't kiddin.....tres sweet....Last time I owned a bike, lived in the city...now been in the country living right in the middle of woods and not so well traveled country roads.....Sussex County NJ to be exact......this is where I used to ride an hour to get to and now looking forward to riding in my own backyard so to speak....not a lot of cars but do have to watch out for deer...don't know if my dental covers fur balls......

·
Registered
254 Posts
I live on a mountain adjacent to Valley Forge National Park. Highest deer concentration in Pa. It's a right of passage to to floss with their balls. Did the tango last year with my Denali. Never even hit the brakes. A heartbreaker. I ride like an arcade game til I get down the mountain. Between that and endless macabre stories of other accidents, I can't help but feel that the whole thing is like a Vegas weekend. Fun as piss but the odds aren't in your favor. I've made a lifetime of dangerous indulgent vices but the thought of repeatedly cheating the Reaper on a daily basis concerns me. I know that's a good thing. However it's close to consuming me. I'm curious if that is shared amongst anyone else. I have a mathematical mind and it's been working overtime.
I bought this thinking I would ride as much as weather permits but am thinking how much more overall risk that is than as a weekend cruiser, experience aside. Helmut or not, anything over second gear and some other idiot or Bambi's revenge would be a life altering experience.
I truly apologize if I'm being a downer but I know the common denominator of all us is our commitment to making riding a responsible endeavor. The awe I have with my new 109 is the same awe I have with it's potential. No one here talks about how fun it is to idle through the gears. When you ride you twist each gear, sometimes a little but you're always moving. :read:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Joshua_109 said:
Aren't there still guys on the waiting lists for their 06 models??
Josh, I know for a fact that there are more then just a few here in Germany on the waiting list for the 06 Model ::)

·
Registered
600 Posts
dicarlos said:
I live on a mountain adjacent to Valley Forge National Park. Highest deer concentration in Pa. It's a right of passage to to floss with their balls. Did the tango last year with my Denali. Never even hit the brakes. A heartbreaker. I ride like an arcade game til I get down the mountain. Between that and endless macabre stories of other accidents, I can't help but feel that the whole thing is like a Vegas weekend. Fun as piss but the odds aren't in your favor. I've made a lifetime of dangerous indulgent vices but the thought of repeatedly cheating the Reaper on a daily basis concerns me. I know that's a good thing. However it's close to consuming me. I'm curious if that is shared amongst anyone else. I have a mathematical mind and it's been working overtime.
I bought this thinking I would ride as much as weather permits but am thinking how much more overall risk that is than as a weekend cruiser, experience aside. Helmut or not, anything over second gear and some other idiot or Bambi's revenge would be a life altering experience.
I truly apologize if I'm being a downer but I know the common denominator of all us is our commitment to making riding a responsible endeavor. The awe I have with my new 109 is the same awe I have with it's potential. No one here talks about how fun it is to idle through the gears. When you ride you twist each gear, sometimes a little but you're always moving. :read:

Riding with these guys lurking in the trees is no fun. I try to minimize the risk by not riding at dusk in the mountains, if I can help it. I also save the squid-type antics for the prairie out east of town. There's only a few things you can do for yourself, dicarlos (helmet, jacket, boots, ec t.) and the rest is up to fate, chance, grace, karma, timing... whatever your word is for what steers our lives. I hope that soon you can think less about what COULD happen and more of what SHOULD happen. Go enjoy it :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
That's the spiritual commoradity I was seeking.
Much appreciated. 8)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts