M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, first post. I bought my M109 in the summer. Has a Cobra PWRPRO Fi2000 (non adjustable), Cobra swept exhaust (no baffles) and stock intake. It is running rich and its backfiring is progressively getting worse. Thinking about removing the programmer and changing the intakes. Any insight would be appreciated.

Registered
2009 / VZR1800
Hey guys, first post. I bought my M109 in the summer. Has a Cobra PWRPRO Fi2000 (non adjustable), Cobra swept exhaust (no baffles) and stock intake. It is running rich and its backfiring is progressively getting worse. Thinking about removing the programmer and changing the intakes. Any insight would be appreciated.
Welcome to the forum! Cheers..! 馃嵒
I would double check if the PowrPro is wired cleanly and properly,
they tend to have a finicky ground wire, so check and clean all
the connections and look for crimped wires etc...

Registered
Also, check to see that all 4 spark plug caps are seated tightly onto the plugs.
The center cap/coil that are in the top center of each head are known to pop up off the plug occasionally.
If they are all tight onto the plug, then pull all 4 plugs to see how they look and verify that all 4 are getting spark.
When you get one plug not firing it will have the exact effect you describe, rich smell and backfiring.

BCS
LGB/FJB

1 - 8 of 8 Posts