M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys ¡¡¡

I saw that the forum not only talks about motorcycles
So I decided to tell you a little of my story ..... I hope you enjoy and sorry for the translation. as it is written in Spanish.

200 years ago, one morning as today the world's most powerful army came to my city. The residents of La Isla de León and Cadiz, awoke terrified. Back Europe was looted, occupied and conquered by Napoleon.
My country 99% occupied Spain became an island where the government shelter and free citizens. In my town a handful of free men came from all parts of Spain not occupied, Americans, Filipinos, Africans, challenged with the help of free people of Portugal and England to the dreaded army of Napoleon.
Two years later, in February 1812 in Cadiz sees the light - La Pepa - first Liberal Constitution of the World

Shouting For Spain by the king's Gaditanos defended and died for their ideals.

Three years hard long siege, deprivation, hunger, disease, bombing and fighting

But Napoleon could not beat the free Spanish

When the siege ended, my city received the name of San Fernando (as King Ferdinand VII) to honor the courage and bravery.

Yesterday there was a recreation of the battle 200 years ago, where we have used guns, muskets and wearing uniforms, Spanish, French, Portuguese, English and Bandoleros (Spanish guerrillas). According to the newspapers have 10000 people have seen the 500 participants in the battle.
I participate in uniform Infantry Regiment Volunteers Frontline - Isla de Leon - that was created in 1809. My arms a century Muzzleloading Rifle 19.

I put a link with 140 photos of the event coming out in the three newspapers in my city ................................ but this, this is history

http://www.lavozdigital.es/cadiz/mu...istoricas-fernando-motivo-bicentenario-0.html

·
Registered
948 Posts
Very interesting and some great photos thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
great story and great pictures

patriots with great courage are found in all countries

sometimes you fight invading armies as we did against England and sometime you have to fight your own people to preserve the Union as we did in the Civil War

I would think Civil War's are the hardest because they are you

Doc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts