M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
light started blinking at 160 miles went ten more miles before i could get gas. filled her up and it only took four gallons so i had about a gallon left. comes out to about 42 mpg is this about what every one elese is getting .

G

·
Ditto and ditto.

Lamont and I are gonna do 200 miles on a tank while riding to Sturgis. We just have to hope there will be a gas station around the 200 mile marker.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
speed28 said:
Exactly 42 here....unless I "romp" on her....then she gets around 36.
Pretty much the same here :doorag:

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
yep, fuel gauge may be off but thank god the low fuel light is right on. I usually fill up when it starts flashing. Tank will hold little over 4 gallons like 4.2 and trip meter read 160. Pushed it a little the other day and went until the light lit up steady. 196 miles on the trip meter and took 4.8 to fill up. If the tank holds 5.2 then I had 0.4 gallons left. This worked out to 41 mpg and was my first trip of that distance and even included a 40 minute gridlock of mostly idle time on one highway. It is definitely getting better mileage after break in. I am now up to 1500 miles and running 10-50w Repsol synthetic.

·
Registered
237 Posts
You guys and 42mpg...I can never get more than a little over 38...course I CAN NEVER STAY OUT OF THE THROTTLE THROUGH A WHOLE TANK OF GAS EITHER!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: ::) I'm ok...I'm ok..just need another beer!! Wheeeew... 8)

·
Registered
664 Posts
Ya know... i am going to have to try and see if I can get 200 miles out of a tank of gas on this beast.... my light always starts blinking around the 120-140 miles range (136 is the highest yet)... And i never thought i was being all that "rough" on her....
Maybe i am just enjoying those twisties a lil to much.. :D
:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I can only get 200 per tank if I run a consistant speed and no playing around.

At 170 miles, I filled up and I still had over a gallon of fuel. So you figure 38-42 mpg would easily put me over 200. But why chance it, just stop at 180, top off, and drive on..

·
Registered
234 Posts
I can never get better than 40 mpg on a highway run. My average is about 36 just running around, I now have over 4000 mile's on the bike.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I just pushed mine the farthest yet the other week and filled up at 184 miles. I got a little warry when the gas light stopped blinking and just stayed on. Any word on how long you have when the light does that?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I get around 36-38 usually. Coming down from Alpine AZ to Showlow with a few side trips, I got almost 50, but that was 55 (yawn) and downhill all the way.

·
Registered
664 Posts
x_caliber50 said:
I just pushed mine the farthest yet the other week and filled up at 184 miles. I got a little warry when the gas light stopped blinking and just stayed on. Any word on how long you have when the light does that?
Supposed to have 1/2 a gallon of gas left when it comes on solid... I haven't taken it that far to find out yet... (only have 900 miles on mine)

·
Registered
310 Posts
i get between 160 and 180 before the light starts blinking. never run it much past that thought. nice to now that it will stay on constant whenyou really need gas.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
x_caliber50 said:
When mine did that and I filled up less than 2 miles later I had .3 gallons left ,so when the light goes solid theres not much left , I had rode around 40mi with it blinking though :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
brbluetele said:
You guys and 42mpg...I can never get more than a little over 38...course I CAN NEVER STAY OUT OF THE THROTTLE THROUGH A WHOLE TANK OF GAS EITHER!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: ::) I'm ok...
Ditto!! 38 is about my max!!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts