M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, great board,I am researching the M109 definitely thinking of purchasing one, and will be asking pre buyer questions until i get one by this winter= hopefully an 07 model.
Any who does the M109 with a backrest for the passenger ride well = seating for the passenger? my wife is only 5ft 1 inch 102 #s ,how is the passenger and drivers seating comfortability on longer rides? thanks for any help or info.
If and when I purchase an M109 will add backseat back rest ,exhaust, better air intake system,small windshield,fuel processor,and the Jsd3. to start with. thanks hywman central IL..

·
Registered
752 Posts
She should be fine on comfort at that size. I don't have a backrest but I have seen a few on the board. Trouble_Is has a ton of experience two up with his girl. You might send him a PM.

·
Registered
572 Posts
My wife is around the same size as your wife is, and she loves riding with me. We don't have a back rest for her yet, but that is on the way soon.

She fits very comfortably on the back, can easily reach the pegs, and enjoys the bike like crazy.

Soft seat as well, and very comfortable riding position for her.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I actually sold my TL1000R and bought a 109 party due to my wife's wanting me to have something she was more comfortable on when we rode. That being said she loves it and says it is very comfortable. She is about 5'6" /120 so obviously a little taller than your wife but I think she would still be okay. Might not be able to see over your head though if that's a problem.

I was going to send my passenger seat to Australia to get a backrest put on for her but she now said she isn't sure she wants me to or at least to wait until the end of the season to do it. Very well set up for 2-up out of the box. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
71 Posts
my wife loves being on the back, my wife is about the same size so i think she will be fine with it, my wide wasnt comfortable on my crouch rocket but she really enjoys this bike

·
Registered
211 Posts
My wife really likes it; however, a back seat is a most because of the torque on the bike, it can get tiresome holding on from such as strong pull. Me, It took about 500 miles to get rid of the back paint and by the 1100 mile I started feeling very comfy. Now; I rode sport bikes for close to twenty years so this is the first time for me seating on this position. :p

·
Registered
898 Posts
Hav'nt done any extended riding yet, but initially the wife said she was pleased with comfort as well as foot placement... Definitely need a back rest for those unforseen moments when you have to twist it to get out of the way or what not... :bigthumbsup:

khrome

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the great info on 2 up riding as stated B-4 i will get a backrest for her since those red light runs can happen anytime and It's great to hear that 400 mile runs and under wont be such a tiring experience. The more i research this bike the more I like and Momma does to, have been off bikes for 10 years and i know this monster will be a challenge at first, but hey after 600 mile break in i should be getting the hang of it again. thanks again on the great info and really good forum.= HYWMAN

·
Registered
426 Posts
My girl is 5'7 or so 140lbs. and a short ride around an hour or so is fine, but she says that her @ss hurts after a couple of hrs or so. I must say so does mine. Looking into a Corbin seat. heard they're much better than the wooden seat that comes stock. The ride is extemely stable while riding two up though. Gotta say that this bike is really the best to double up on. Can't even tell she's there.

·
Registered
98 Posts
My wife is about the same size, she's been begging for a backrest. Sometimes she sort of claws on me to stay on. I have a short windshield which doesn't seem to do much for her. Scratch marks hurt, ordered one the other day, hasn't came in yet.

Last bike was CHIP'd up with a large windshield, saddlebags, large sissybar, and passenger plates. She liked the ride better on it. But I like riding this one better for all the reasons everyone gives for lovin this bike. But she really doesn't complain much about the comfort. Longest ride has only been a couple hours.

She has also melted her shoes onto the pipes once, stock pipes. She does it again and it will cost her a new set (pipes not shoes, though it'll probably cost me those too).

Anyone know of any passenger plates that would fit and look good?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Me and the missus have about 2,000 miles two-up so far (5,800+ total miles on the bike). We've done a few tank-of-gas stretches non-stop (175-190 miles). No back rest yet. She just lounges around back there... no complaints, no shifting around, just looking around and waving to everyone...lol :pop: We always wear our gear and she usually rests her hands close to or in the pockets of my jacket. I AM going to get a back rest for her soon - as soon as I find one that will suit her discriminating taste :eek:

I generally take it easy when the girlfriend is riding with me. Even with a back rest I'm not gonna go hotdogging around with her on. I save that for after we get home. It's a whole new ride every time I get on by myself after a leisurely trip with her :evil:

P.S. Turtle Wax Chrome Polish works on the heel marks :confused:

P.P.S. PLEASE share your knowledge if someone works a setup for some type of mini-floorboard for the rear :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
stoopid311 said:
my wife loves being on the back, my wife is about the same size so i think she will be fine with it, my wide wasnt comfortable on my crouch rocket but she really enjoys this bike
Dude, you better edit that quick, cause if the mrs. ever sees it, you're in deep @#(*!

That is one of the funniest typo slips I have ever seen. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
also would like some footrests with a heel rest ,so she doesn't hit her boot on the exhaust (switchblade would be great if they made an adapter for it)
I would sure be interested in these!! or some sort of mini floor board. The girl loves to wear heals and they are always melting on the pipes. It always comes right off, but floor boards would be great!!
:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
600 Posts
Aussie109 said:
Trouble_is
You have a Missus and a girlfriend?
It seems like it sometimes :hot: :a18: :evil: :eek:

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Did 1k last week and the wife complained about the OEM seat giving her IRON BUTT.

I'd recommend getting the OEM Gel seat for long rides. It is wider and more comfortable.

2 cents

1 - 18 of 18 Posts