M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First I want to thank Gixxerjeff for his patience with me during this mod and Easy E on a 9 for contacting me offering the risers since he is selling his bike.
I did exactly what Jeff told me and in about half an hour the risers were installed. What a difference! It is a must have item on the bike! Well worth it. The level of comfort is unbelievable!

·
Registered
106 Posts
GREAT! GLAD IT WORKED OUT FOR YA!! :congrats::congrats::congrats:

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
OK, so post the steps to doing it! :congrats: I assume you moved the cables behind the tree?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, so post the steps to doing it! :congrats: I assume you moved the cables behind the tree?
GixxerJeff sent me photos of the process so I did not take any more due to the simplicity of the whole thing.
I can share how I did if helps.
- Put a towel (I used three) on top of the tank and one on top of the front fender (just in case)
-Remove the nacelle (two bolts on the side and two push pins on the top.
-Remove the handlebar from the original riser so its easier to "fight" with the cables trying to remove them.
-Remove the clutch cable from the lever.
-Remove the throttle cable (two). Watch for all the screws since you'll have to open the plastic case where the start bottom is.
-Re-route the clutch and throttle cable from the front to the back of the tree.
-Remove the "T" fitting for the brake line from its bracket and install a extension. I used a piece of "L" bracket that I had, after getting straight to bring the "T" a little higher.
You do not need to disconnect the brake line, just bring them a little higher. There is no reason to re-route the brake line. The only ones you'll have to re-route are throttle and clutch.
Reinstall the clutch cable and throttle cable and the riser. You'll find that there is plenty of room to move the handlebar from left to right.
GixxerJeff performed this in 15 minutes. I spent more time on mine to make sure I wouldn't screw anything up.
Very easy task brother I assure. Looking at everything you did on your bike, you could do this with your eyes closed!:bigthumbsup:
I test rode the bike for about 10 minutes before the rain and I'll never go back to stock!
There are "zip ties" holding the cables on the tree now since they were moved to the back but I don't like the look of it. I got to come up with a better/cleaner solution.
Hope this helps.
Maybe Jeff would mind to post his pictures for everyone to see. I'm going to send him a PM.
H

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Thanks, but it seems like a lot of stuff to R&R to be done in 30min. :dontknow: Def something I want to do.

·
Registered
106 Posts

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Great pics, thanks you!!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
106 Posts
No problem. :D

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Thanks, but it seems like a lot of stuff to R&R to be done in 30min. :dontknow: Def something I want to do.
I called my mechanic today bc I was thinking the same! When he told me he was jammed until next week I decided to give it a try.
It looks like a lot of work but its not. The hard part is the very first 5 minutes, after that... Good luck! H

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Awesome, I just sold my risers as I never had time to install them, oh well, when Im ready I will re-visit this thread, thanks man!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Well I've got some 2" riser extensions on the way so this will be great... one question tho... why remove the nacelle??

I have the Vstream and have eliminated the bottom bracket by attaching it to my headlight nacelle which gives me better protection. To re-attach my vstream to the nacelle is a MONTER PITA now cause it takes me forever to find the sweet spot when putting the bottom screws back in, can this install easily be done without removing the nacelle??

Thanks for the pics Gixxer HM109!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I've got some 2" riser extensions on the way so this will be great... one question tho... why remove the nacelle??

I have the Vstream and have eliminated the bottom bracket by attaching it to my headlight nacelle which gives me better protection. To re-attach my vstream to the nacelle is a MONTER PITA now cause it takes me forever to find the sweet spot when putting the bottom screws back in, can this install easily be done without removing the nacelle??

Thanks for the pics Gixxer HM109!! :bigthumbsup:
I removed my nacelle so I could re-route the cables a little easier. I believe you could do without removing yours.;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts