M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Hey Joe - Just did a partial review of your video. Looks like something I can do! Just got off the phone to Kewlmetal and ordered the 2"..Woohoo - Can't wait :p

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks Big Joe,

I ordered my 2" risers yesterday and I'm looking forward to putting them on. The video certainly helps.

McBel

·
Registered
48 Posts
Big Joe,

Thanks for taking the time to help the board with this excellent mod. :bigthumbsup:

Kevin

·
Registered
890 Posts
:clap2: :a18:
Thanks Big Joe,
I see now the way I did it was a little more involved..but I got'er done :bigthumbsup: I'm gonna ride these 2" extentions for a bit, but I'm thinking braided lines and chrome 3". As I said in my earlier review post...these things are great! the change in riding position for smaller riders really gives the bad a break. More importantly, I feel like I can better control the bike...and that is really what it comes down to. Thanks for developing this part and getting it out so quickly!

Devilish :doorag:

·
Registered
665 Posts
Another"Great Video" Bro! :bigthumbsup: Your getting really good at making these video's. The most Detailed ones I've seen. Great Job :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dan Tanna said:
Nice job,very clear instructions and a god send for us wrench challenged type guys : :bigthumbsup:
Thanks Bro.
They will get better with time.
Big Joe.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Damn, wish I'd watched this before I tried the install myself.. hehe.. never would have tried taking the triple tree top off to move the cables.. TO THE GARAGE WITH ME!! :D

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Great vid, ordered 2" risers and kury grips from DLP yesterday. Hope to see them soon and get 'em on, it's still riding season here!!!...Jason

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Big Joe said:
Here is the link to the 2" riser install video.
A movie star I'm not, but it should help you get the job done. :bigthumbsup:
Big Joe.
You can also find the link at www.kewlmetal.com and hit the SUPPORT icon.
Link: http://www.nostrofamiglia.com/tmc/KMM109riser.html
Hey Big Joe, your movie is dead on except,.....................it's a 8mm bolt head for the brake manifold, not a 10mm :D :D. Kinda put the cart in front of the horse, I moved the cables today but my risers aren't going to be here till tomorrow. Had time to kill. Good on ya Joe :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:...Jason

·
Registered
757 Posts
How about that! I started moving my cables today too. Ordered the risers yesterday. I'm having a little trouble through. The three things that have to line up to re-install the upper triple tree are off. I think maybe because I tried it with the bike not jacked up. By removing the upper triple tree the lower triple tree was allowed to flex a tiny bit and now the top of the fork tubes are not excatly where they should be. At least thats my theory. I think I should find a jack to borrow.

Does anyone know what I mean?

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Valiant said:
How about that! I started moving my cables today too. Ordered the risers yesterday. I'm having a little trouble through. The three things that have to line up to re-install the upper triple tree are off. I think maybe because I tried it with the bike not jacked up. By removing the upper triple tree the lower triple tree was allowed to flex a tiny bit and now the top of the fork tubes are not excatly where they should be. At least thats my theory. I think I should find a jack to borrow.

Does anyone know what I mean?
It was a pain getting the top tree back on. Once I got it started I beat it down with the palm of my hand then used the stem nut to draw it down the rest of the way....Jason

·
Registered
757 Posts
Did you use a jack? My problem is this..... putting the top tree back on the fork tubes start first then slide down a little and get the shaft started. But the shaft is misaligned by a little more than 1/8 inch. No matter how much I pull or twist it won't budge. only other thing i can think of is to try jacking up bike to take the wieght off the forks. Also scared to pull around too much in fear of tip over

1 - 20 of 57 Posts