M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. What is the purpose of that other key postion where u push it down and to the left or something. What is it for?

2. What is the safest way to shut off the bike. fuel kill, or turn key. My previous bike said to turn the key was the prefered way.

just 2 random thoughts i had after riding for last few hours

·
Registered
384 Posts
The other key pos is sorta like the acc in cars. It allows park light in rear and the use of accessories that are tied to that circuit

I say engine shut off then key. That's the way I was taught years ago in MSF. Of course leave in first

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
The other key pos is sorta like the acc in cars. It allows park light in rear and the use of accessories that are tied to that circuit

I say engine shut off then key. That's the way I was taught years ago in MSF. Of course leave in first
:agree:
And the kill switch is because it is right at your finger tips. Do you have plans for some quick dismounts coming up?

·
Registered
824 Posts
One way that I have stopped shutting it off. I used to pull it into a park spot or my garage, put the kickstand down while it was in gear, this shuts it off, then turn the key off. After coming out to a dead battery twice I have stopped doing this. I don't know if I didn't turn the key all way off or what but now I use the key to kill the motor, that way I know the ignition is all the way off.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how long in that accessory position do u think a battery has time wise if the bike is off with led kit going

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
how long in that accessory position do u think a battery has time wise if the bike is off with led kit going
it all really depends on how many led's you are running.
if you are running 200-300, or one or two of the joe florida kits, i would guess that you easily have 3 hours before you have to start worrying about anything. but i would add that you also have to take into consideration the condition of your battery. if it is a newer battery it will tend to last longer but if it is two years old or older then it might be less time.

the more led's you have, the more the draw on the battery, and the less amount of time you have to let the bike sit without turning it on.

if you really want to be safe, get the gbat battery from gman industries and you should be fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts