M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and did not see anything so sorry if this has been asked

1.) Hows this thing really suppose to fit? Tighter like a sportbike jacket? My main concern is i am going to get a smaller one and the sleeves will be too short. Granted they are a little too long and too big around right now.(let a lot of air in)

2.) I bought my jacket off another member.
Has anyone that bought one done the exchange program successfully?
I have the shipping label and stuff from the previous owner.
Just really don't want to send the Jacket to suzuki for an exchange and have them not sent it back to me because they did not send it to me originally.

Thanks in advance :bigthumbsup: :super:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I think it's supposed to have a little tighter fit, more form fitting maybe, but I have no clue whether or not you'll have any luck on the exchange program. I thought you were supposed to send it back within a few weeks of getting it, and the last ones would have been sent out to the original recipients several months ago. Might be testing your luck to send it in. :dontknow:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i kind of tested the waters today and sent an email to the address on the letter that came with the coat and said i had just recieved it and it was too big...
Got a reply that I should send it back and they would have another shipment of coats later this month but did not have any 3x's in stock at the moment.
Would still like to hear a success story from someone who bought one and did i though.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Getting the right size would be nice for fit but the cuffs are too open and do let in too much air. Even with winter gloves my jacket cuffs are too big. JOHN

·
Registered
890 Posts
I'm a small(ish) guy 5'8" 150 and they only had a Medium available...it fits ok...not any different than a small leather jacket I already own. There is a difference in the lining though and I find this jacket more for cool weather than cold. If you are going to a smaller size than you normally wear it will more than likely be tight...for me it's not form fitting but I don't mind because I wear stuff under it anyway...and I'm not planning on filling in the leftover space :evil: You should be fine. A far as sending it to Suzuki...beware! Even if the do swap it out ..you could be waiting at least 12 weeks for it to turn around!

Devilish

·
Registered
326 Posts
You might be careful sending it back in. If I remember correctly the return label had some code on it so that they knew to return it to me. If you send it back in with the return label they might send the new one to the orig. owner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts