M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
New to the board, but not new to riding. I currently have a Honda VTX 1300c... It's a good bike, but I must admit; Suzuki is looking to gain another owner. :D

The primary reason I went with the 1300 over the 1800 was the sound. I'm not to concerned about the speed, if I was, I would go with Busa....

Now to my questions:
As for sound; from what understand, the M109R is a single pin? So, after adding aftermarket pipes, like HKs 3" on my X, will I get that nice "lope" that HD boys hate to hear on a metric?

I see the M109Rs are hot sellers. I live in the Houston area, any dealers around this area that will deal and good work with?

Thanks! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think most bikes from Japan sound like a Sowing Machine at idle. Until you get them into their sweet spot they sort of have a tapping sound. I have rarely heard a bike SOUND like a Harley that isn't a harley. The reason is simple. Harley designs their engines for the sound by reducing efficiency and power. Listen to an S&S motor and it will sound powerful but not like a harley.

IF you want the Potato;Potato you have to buy an HD. If you want a good bike that performs well and stands out from the crowd buy the M109r.

·
Registered
450 Posts
IT USES OFFSET CRANKPINS! HARLEYS USE SINGLE CRANK PINS. THE CONNECTING RODS ARE LINED UP, THEREFOR GIVING THEM THE PATENTED SOUND, AND THE PATENTED MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I noticed right off the bat that the M109R exhaust sound was unique. I think it lopes pretty good.

If you ever listen to a CBR1000RR and compare it to the BUSA, you will see what I'm talking about. The BUSA sound is totally unique.

The M109R has that large piston sound similar to the BUSA. Especially when you let off the gas from 1st to 2nd shifting. It's like a stallion clearing it's nose ready to gulp air and run like the devil.

The only other cruiser that I've heard that comes close is the Kawi 2k.

No offense to the Harley guys but and exhaust note should have a sweet, low, rumble of authority.
Not just ring my freaking ears from 100 feet away. You guys with Harleys know what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jamiesM109R said:
IT USES OFFSET CRANKPINS! HARLEYS USE SINGLE CRANK PINS. THE CONNECTING RODS ARE LINED UP, THEREFOR GIVING THEM THE PATENTED SOUND, AND THE PATENTED MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE.
Good One! :bigthumbsup:

I not really looking for the Harley sound; I guess I should have said a nice "throaty" type of sound. Kinda like my VTX 1300 vs the VTX 1800. 8)

·
Registered
535 Posts
A bud of mine has a vtx1300 with the same setup you mention - the 3" Kromes. These things not only look awesome, but his bike sounds great in my opinion. Made my stock exhaust sound like foo :evil:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
i dont know what you've been hearing but a busa and a 109 are worlds away from eachother in the sound dept. :doorag:
No No, What I getting at is that the BUSA exhaust note is totally unique to a BUSA. Not saying it sounds like something else. I don't think any other sportbike has the sound that a 1300 BUSA makes. You can probly tell a BUSA went by without even looking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts