M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I looking to get an aftermarket 2 into 1 for my '18 9 and I thought I'd see if I could get some input into what system, if any, are out there match what I'm looking for.

What I'm hoping to find is something that adds a low, yet subtle growl, that is a little bit louder than stock.

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
Don't know of any that meet your noise requirement. The Cobra Tri Pro, which I bought in 2010, meets those. Unfortunately it's no longer available. I still have mine and am still glad I bought it. It's relatively quiet idling and putt-putting around. But when you roll it on, you'll know it's there. The way I like it.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Plant Fuel tank

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,049 Posts
The Hard Krome Velocity Pro is a 2 into 1 pipe that is very popular and isn't terribly loud. I agree with cbxer on not finding something aftermarket that is just a little louder than stock, there isn't any, If you like it, stay with the longer version for less noise. The short or Race version is a little louder, but it sounds louder on the bike as it exits right under you.

Sideburners are also 2 into 1 but are a lot louder than the Velocity,

·
Registered
2018 M109R BOSS
135 Posts
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Plant Vehicle brake
the freedom 2 into 1 turnout is pretty badass. love mine. it is spendy, though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had the Hard Chrome on my old VTX before I got the 9. My only complaint with them was, they were a little too loud for my taste. @RFM1009 - those do look badass. I'd like to find something like those or the cobra but with a single longer pipe that trails back as far as the stock, but stays low. That way I could get a bag on that side, as my current (and TRASH) saddlebags from Viking won't fit on the exhaust side.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have the Hard Krome Side Burner. It is amazingly loud. Everyone I ride with, and a couple of hot rodders in my neighborhood tell me it sounds awesome. but, IT IS LOUD!!

·
Registered
2009 / VZR1800
3,662 Posts
Hi all,

I looking to get an aftermarket 2 into 1 for my '18 9 and I thought I'd see if I could get some input into what system, if any, are out there match what I'm looking for.

What I'm hoping to find is something that adds a low, yet subtle growl, that is a little bit louder than stock.
I know OEM pipes are big and heavy, but I have personally
heard one which was drilled and the sound of it was really
lower rumbling in idle, but when you cranked it it really did
sound like an aftermarket exhausts. If you are not looking for
the different look, but the soud, I suggest to try that first, it
will cost you verry little, and maybe you do have most tools
at home allready ... Many videos "how to" on Youtube...
Popular one is here:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok, I've found an "I can't pass up price" on the Combat. Pulled the trigger. Quiet baffle is on backorder, but I can wait. I'll be posting another question re: handlebars here soon as well. Looking for something with a little more bend toward the rider, but still drag style.

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
Just get longer risers and keep the stock handlebars. That's what 99.9% of the people here do. Myself, I went with shorter risers and kept the stock bars.

Yana Shiki makes them. The shorter risers have three holes, the longer ones four. The stock cables will still work, but are a little tight with the longer risers.
Fuel tank Motorcycle Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just get longer risers and keep the stock handlebars. That's what 99.9% of the people here do. Myself, I went with shorter risers and kept the stock bars.

Yana Shiki makes them. The shorter risers have three holes, the longer ones four. The stock cables will still work, but are a little tight with the longer risers. View attachment 419891
Done! thank you.

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
Everyone's comfort zone on these bikes is different. Myself, I have a seat that scoots my butt back two inches, shorter risers that move the bars forward one inch, and the bars themselves are rotated so the bend in the bars is down about 45 degrees from horizontal. Overall, about a four inch difference from stock, and I love the forward lean. When the wind hits me anywhere north of 50 mph, it's self-supporting. I'll never put a windshield on either of my bikes, my other being a 2008 Suzuki B-King. I'm 60 years old.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts