M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will i need to get new cables or will the old cables be long enough to go from stock handlebar risers to a 2 inch riser

DSCN18271.jpg Eric_Motorcycle-0081.jpg

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Your old cables will work.

Where in Pa ?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
'12's and '13's need to be rerouted to work.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I just received yesterday the Rivco 2" risers. I'm looking forward to some info that will help to do this mod in a 07.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I did this yesterday on my 06. Had to re-route the cables for 2" risers. It's not that difficult, the hardest thing was putting the top trees back on. Also that bracket that holds the break lines down just flip it around and bolt your breaklines back on.
IMG_0470.jpg IMG_0471.jpg IMG_0472.jpg

·
Registered
28 Posts
my advice would be to swap them out for extra length stainless steel, it looks alot better and re routing seem like a pain, the risers improve the riding experience amazingly, i put the same ones on my bike last month.
while your there it is also worth relocating the tacho :)

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I agree, my 2012 was tough to get the 1inch risers on, no way the front brake line will go any farther.
I had my risers thrown in and installed as part of my purchase deal. The parts guy didn't read the ordering info that the newer models needed longer cables. Since no one knew until the risers came in, they made the attempt to reroute instead of waiting another week for cables. I believe they spent 2 hours getting it right. I'm glad they did it, I wouldn't have had the patience.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Did any of you reroute without removing the tree? My risers are on order and I am trying to figure out the easiest route to go.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts