M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I can think of a few reasons
1) he still has time to determine his 2007 order. If he has deposits on alot he will order them + what he thinks he can sell locally.
2) Lowball, then he adds all kinds of stuff you dont pay for elsewhere (remember when HD dealers were selling at list IF you ordered 5K in accessories)
3) By the time they come in he can claim they changed the wholesale price...
4) he is legit and just wants to sell alot of them to grow his dealership.

I know that plenty of people buy cars & trucks like that. Fly in and drive home save thousands.

Sledzep

G

·
It's possible.....my '06 was $10,499 from a Florida dealer.......both of these prices are plus tax, tag etc. of course.

Someone who knows how dealer pricing works can probably chime in and explain, but I'd say this price is close to his cost and the shop just wants to create volume to up their allocated quota of bikes in the future.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Candingo said:
It's possible.....my '06 was $10,499 from a Florida dealer.......both of these prices are plus tax, tag etc. of course.

Someone who knows how dealer pricing works can probably chime in and explain, but I'd say this price is close to his cost and the shop just wants to create volume to up their allocated quota of bikes in the future.
That has to be below the dealers cost. Candingo, if you chewed them down to $10,500 before fees and no trade in or cash down, you did one heck of a job.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Or the ole "Sorry that ONE sold, but we have plenty more" at a higher price. I had a guy that listed on Cycletrader do that to me before I bought mine.

It's just cheap advertisement.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
300CREW said:
That has to be below the dealers cost. Candingo, if you chewed them down to $10,500 before fees and no trade in or cash down, you did one heck of a job.
I paid $10400 also from the Dealer in Sebring Fl. They now sell it for $10,600 because there was $200 incentive from Suzuki when they first came out. With tax and everything it came to $11,500 out the door. It took about 30 minutes and I was on my way. They don't do trades or play any games just low price and high volume. Great people to work with.

·
Registered
289 Posts
ELECTRICZ28 said:
I would have gave my left nut for one of these bikes
I would given both on mine, but the wife has them in a jar next to her nightstand. :joke:

·
Registered
664 Posts
http://www.cycletrader.com/caddetail.html?/ad-cache/5/4/7/81249447.htm

This is where i bought mine. $10,999. $70 for paperwork, $100.00 for crating (had mine delivered via expidite)
I also purchased a C50 from them (2 tone grey for the wife) for $5799 plus 100 for crating..
Deal went quick and easy... the had the bikes ready on my request date and time... bikes where both well crated, and in perfect condition...
They offered delivery service for $450 to Atlanta....

And yes the bikes were ready to ride the second we un crated them and dumped gas in them, oh yeah and put the mirrors on... (they do all all the initial stuff...)

This place was Honda East out of Maumee Ohio (toledo area)

G

·
LionsGate said:
Anybody else notice this ad on CycleTrader?

http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/7/7/84622877.htm

It's a Honda/Suzuki dealer offering a new 2007 M109R for $9999.

I'm still workin on my first cup of coffee, so maybe my eyes are foolin me!

LG
Not sure but, I have purchased from a Honda Dealer in Toledo, OH who was on a program where they had to commit to buy a certain number of bikes to get good prices, which meant I bought my VTX for 3000 less that anywhere else I could find it, maybe Suzuki does the same thing. Meaning buy 100 109rs and get 100 c90t at a 70% discount from Suzuki, so they just spread the love across both bikes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yep, it is too good to be true. I called them and they said that Cycle trader made a mistake and was supposed to fix it.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Thats too bad  :mad: I was thinking of putting a white 07 on order to park next to the burple. oh well, guess I'll save my money for now. ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
in order for the dealership to sell at that price they would have to sell the bike making no profit- i have a copy of the invoice for my 2006 m109r and they would have to sell the bike under invoice with no dealer holdback to be close to that number- ::) i think it's b.s.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Dealer price on the 2006 was $10,400 according to the invoice my dealer showed me. It's probably a tad higher than that now, as the MSRP went up a few hundred this time around.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts