M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my M109 Saturday, drove it around Sunday (about 98 miles). Parked it in the garage and got a drink. Came out and went to turn it on and nothing but clicks :edit: :edit:. Nothing changed after 4 tries. :edit:

Next day (Monday evening), went to start it, clicks - nothing :dontknow:. Pulled the car up, hooked up the cables (car was off during the process) bike started. Warm her up - went riding.

Stop and gas'd up, clicks again :dontknow: - had ta have a tow truck guy give me a push :redfaced:

Rode her home, turned the bike off, went to start her - same clicks. :dontknow: :dontknow:

Bike is 2 days old, 102 miles, HELP FOLKS.......... :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
rob850glt said:
Just picked up my M109 Saturday, drove it around Sunday (about 98 miles). Parked it in the garage and got a drink. Came out and went to turn it on and nothing but clicks :edit: :edit:. Nothing changed after 4 tries.  :edit:

Next day (Monday evening), went to start it, clicks - nothing :dontknow:. Pulled the car up, hooked up the cables (car was off during the process) bike started. Warm her up - went riding.

Stop and gas'd up, clicks again :dontknow: - had ta have a tow truck guy give me a push :redfaced:

Rode her home, turned the bike off, went to start her - same clicks. :dontknow: :dontknow:

Bike is 2 days old, 102 miles, HELP FOLKS.......... :dontknow:
You may have a defective battery....possibly a dead cell. Get a new one from your dealer....should be covered under your warranty :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Does that happen often with a new Bike :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
doesn't happen often, nope. you were just the unlucky one in a thousand.

·
Registered
292 Posts
mine has been the perfect machine....sounds like a defective battery^^^^like them guys said,,,good luck......dont give up :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Call dealer and have them warranty the battery :bigthumbsup: .............................. I would try to make them bring one to you and put it in too :evil:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
pepereina said:
Mira la llave de contacto, a ver si la dejaste en posicion de parking, de dia no se nota y te dejas las luces encendidas.
Yea it could be that too. :dontknow: :joke:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Lamonster said:
Yea it could be that too. :dontknow: :joke:
:a20:

It is possible the dealer didn't charge the battery long enough before you picked it up as well. The batteries are usually dead until they are installed in the bike. If you have a charger (battery tender or something) it may be worth a shot. Either way I would contact the dealer, they will make it right.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
pepereina said:
Mira la llave de contacto, a ver si la dejaste en posicion de parking, de dia no se nota y te dejas las luces encendidas.
no yo pienso que tiene una conneccion mala, que le llame a el dealer y la checken.
It sounds to me like it would be a bad connection from the battery, Im with you on that one Lamont, It shouldnt be the battery since it is brand new!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
my buddy had a simular symptoms, although his cable at the battery
appeared tight he check and both were just barely snug, thighten them
and has not had any problem since

hope this helps

·
Registered
205 Posts
There has been a couple post about bad cells, I was one of them. The dealer should warranty the battery.

G

·
Not to make you look like a dumbass, but are you sure your turning the key off and not leaving it on? (Just reread your post and it says it did it after fueling up too, never mind, lol)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Not to make you look like a dumbass, but are you sure your turning the key off and not leaving it on? (Just reread your post and it says it did it after fueling up too, never mind, lol)
yeah, i was thinking that too til i saw the gas station thing. i remember the first day i got the bike. after turning the key (what i thought was off), i came out later to see the brake light on. i'd put it in that rear "park" position.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks all, didn't leave the key in and bike on. Got to the dealer, it was a dead cell, he thanked and got me a new one :bigthumbsup:. No problems as of yet. Thanks again folks :bigthumbsup:. By the way, how do you post picture from file on the computer - been trying for a while now :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
rob850glt said:
Thanks all, didn't leave the key in and bike on. Got to the dealer, it was a dead cell, he thanked and got me a new one :bigthumbsup:. No problems as of yet. Thanks again folks :bigthumbsup:. By the way, how do you post picture from file on the computer - been trying for a while now :dontknow:
Glad it was your battery and not something else. My Brother-in-Law worked in a battery manufacturing plant for a number of years and used to do Statistical Process Control. He said you would be surprised at the number on "new batteries" that pop up with bad cells during final charging and testing at the plant before shipment. Unfortunately there are those that make it to market and then the "dead cell" shows up :dontknow: :dontknow:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts