M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
i weigh 350lbs. do you think i would have a problem woth rubbing with these?? :yikes: my girl is no slim gal either so i just would hate to change bones and have problems???

·
Registered
844 Posts
Can you put 'em on backwards and RAISE it 2 1/2 ? (Just kiddin').

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Well, I've already paid for my part of Jason's 4th batch 2.5" bones, but I'm curious as to what price point will we be looking at for your bones? I doubt I will get those since it's only 1/4" lower than Jason's.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
me too i'm already paid up for one of jason's next batch, but like Medic says, can't see another 1/4" making much difference :dontknow:

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Jason's Dog bones kick azz....Have them installed for 2 weeks now couple hundred miles on them and there great, ride and handling superb and the bike looks bad azz like a cruiser instead of a semi jacked up sportbike    Ray

·
Registered
216 Posts
Medic1210 said:
Well, I've already paid for my part of Jason's 4th batch 2.5" bones, but I'm curious as to what price point will we be looking at for your bones? I doubt I will get those since it's only 1/4" lower than Jason's.Â
How much are Jason's and are they hard to install?

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
crazytank7 said:
How much are Jason's and are they hard to install?
They are $89 plus shipping. Mine came to just over $100. As for the install, you will need a bike lift, and I understand it's also a good idea to have an extra set of hands (not absolutely necessary, but very helpful).

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
The bones were very easy to install. Took me all of an hour. You will need a motorcycle lift and a floor jack is also helpful. Remove the skid plate covering the shock before sliding in your motorcycle lift.Once you get the bike off the ground strap it down to the lift so you don't lose the bike. Use the floor jack with a piece of wood on it to jack up your rear tire and take the pressure of the shock. Take out your bolts, 2 lower and one long bolt up top. you can raise your rear tire with the floor jack to take more pressure off the rear so that you can work the bolts free. ( they can be a little sticky but they do come out. When you install the new bones you use a little grease on the bones per Jason's instructions so that you can slip the bones in easier. now reinstall the bolts again you can adjust your floor jack at the rear wheel to line everything up. This is a quick overview but Jason provides good directions with the bones. Ray

·
Registered
84 Posts
What's your guesstimate time frame on these?? And the air ride should be available soon right??

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Man it takes along time to go from a drawing to a product when you have so many irons in the fire. ::) I posted this back in July but we have a real part now to show you guys. :doorag: Hope to have them in the store soon. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Lamonster said:
Man it takes along time to go from a drawing to a product when you have so many irons in the fire. ::) I posted this back in July but we have a real part now to show you guys. :doorag: Hope to have them in the store soon. :bigthumbsup:

Lamont: Will the DLP bones have bronze bushings????

·
Registered
665 Posts
Here's a set/with bearings. Seems there are going to be allot of diffrent ones available.These are for lowering the bike 1.75 inches.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Ron S said:
Here's a set/with bearings. Seems there are going to be allot of diffrent ones available.These are for lowering the bike 1.75 inches.
Ron! Do you have a source for those bones??

1 - 20 of 20 Posts