M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have quite a few of the 2.75 Bones on backorder so they will be processed and ship out tomorrow.

P.S. Our bones has a sleeve in the larger end and you reuse the bushing that is in the OEM link so don't throw your stock set away until you do the new install.

Here is what my bike looks like with the 2.75 Bones on it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
What a tease!  Lets see that bike...   :doorag:

UPDATE: Pics are there now. Looks good, I love that 280. :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PAMONSTER said:
Are there any performance changes ? What is the torque spec on these lowering bones?Thank you for any input.
It now only requires 3.7 HP to exit the vehicle.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ITguy said:
Hal, I liked the way your bike looked with the 2.75's at Daytona. :bigthumbsup: It is quite a difference the 1/4" makes. I've got the 2.5's now but think i'll pick up a set of these before spring.
Doesn't Hal have the air ride? Hal do you have the air ride installed or the bones?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
toneout said:
Doesn't Hal have the air ride? Hal do you have the air ride installed or the bones?
I'd assume since he says up top that this is his bike with the bones on it that he has the bones. :evil:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
chadrob30 said:
I'd assume since he says up top that this is his bike with the bones on it that he has the bones. :evil:
You're right. I thought he said he had said he had air ride at Daytona. Obviously I was mistaken. :redfaced:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
toneout said:
Doesn't Hal have the air ride? Hal do you have the air ride installed or the bones?
I have never had the Air ride on this bike. Only the 2.75 Bones that we sell.

·
Registered
386 Posts
The bones make the bike look Bad A$$ but what does it do to the handling. Lowering usually results in better handling but with the stock height the pegs drag so much as it is, doesn't this make it much worse on pegging out?? How do you guys find these mods in the twisties?

I have been thinking about the Air Ride so I can lift it a little in the twisties, but then I worry about the higher center of gravity increasing the risk of it sliding out.

Any of you racers out there got any advice on this??

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
HelmetTown said:
The bones make the bike look Bad A$$ but what does it do to the handling. Lowering usually results in better handling but with the stock height the pegs drag so much as it is, doesn't this make it much worse on pegging out?? How do you guys find these mods in the twisties?

I have been thinking about the Air Ride so I can lift it a little in the twisties, but then I worry about the higher center of gravity increasing the risk of it sliding out.

Any of you racers out there got any advice on this??
Don't get the Bones if you want to hit the twisties hard, it will drag sooner. I run the air so I get the best of both worlds. :doorag:

·
Registered
59 Posts
HelmetTown said:
Lowering usually results in better handling but with the stock height the pegs drag so much as it is, doesn't this make it much worse on pegging out?? ...
I dunno - my heels usually drag first... :D

·
Registered
665 Posts
I end up dragging my boot heels(it's really chewing them off) and not the pegs. But when I wear these,I grind the pegs,pretty hard. :D

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
J R said:
But it aint like ya cant go thru the twisties at all with um
The key word being 'hard' though.... A lowered bike is definitely gonna slow you down some. I know it has for me. I can still hit my local snakey roads pretty hard, just not as hard as I did before I lowered my bike. I've already replaced my peg feelers, and had the new ones ground down half way my first time out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I gotta say with the stock exhaust, lowering really made no difference. This is not a bike that lends itself to hauling a$$ through corners. Don't get me wrong, it handles well but it's not about dragging a knee on several levels. Dropping the rear did not make a noticible difference. Adding my new can did. I flattened the bottom and drug it through the 90 in the loop. Oh well, it's on the bottom and is kinda cool that I went that far over. My foot pegs were folded all the way up.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
J R said:
Ill also say if toneout says it didnt affect the handling that much in the turns aint none of you guys gonna notice
JR, I respect and value your input, but that statement is a crock. I noticed a difference the first time I rode my bike after lowering it. I've posted in numerous other posts that after lowering my bike, corners I didn't scrape on at a certain speed, I scraped on after lowered. On corners I usually scrape on at a given speed, I had to slow down to keep from hitting hard parts that don't give. I have no doubt that he's a good rider. For all I know, he may even lean off the bike like a sportbike rider. If that's the case then yeah, he may not see much difference since he can keep the bike more upright in the corners. I am willing to bet most 109 riders don't hang off their bikes in the twisties. If an average joe like me can see a difference when lowered, then I know others will see a difference. And, I'm also sure there are other riders out there that could show toneout a thing or two. I'm not one of them, and not saying he isn't an awesomely skilled rider, but he's probably not the only one.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts