M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to get some bones in the Spring (as I live in Wisconsin). For those who have them... How is the ride when riding 2 up? Does it bottom out on either the 2.5 or 2.75 bones? Also for those who have them, in your opinion would either one bottom out, on average roads, when riding with a passenger around 170lbs?

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
There's not much difference between the two sets of bones. There's still plenty of room under the fender. You'll bottom the suspension before you rub the fender.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.
2.75 and 280 it is.
Did you alter the suspension setting at all, JR.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
2.50 works fine 2 up. I think the bike actually handles better than it did stock.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I think the bike should have come from Suzuki with this stance. It really makes it look mean from the rear.
I'm 5'8" and my feet are planted on the ground much better now.

I was two up during the Freedom Fest bike rally and on one poker run, we all stopped on the side of the road in an area with deep, loose rocks. I could not dig in my boots because of the slope and almost dumped the bike on the spot. My wife was about to hop off the bike when I finally got traction. I doubt that would have happened if I would have already had it lowered.

·
Registered
665 Posts
JR,it didn't effect the handling at all? I think I'll go this route. The bike looks great lowered. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts