M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this topic has been touched on before because I have done a search on it. But i have not gotten a really good response or solid information about it. I want to put the best performing and loudest pipes on my bike. I want something that sets car alarms off at idle and gains a good amount of horses. I don't know alot about bikes. But from what I see the 2-1's are the way to go for what I am looking for. Is this correct, Hal, Lamont, Jr, Etc..... ?? I want to look to purchase them soon to put on over the winter here along with some other mod's :evil: (pics when finished). Any help would be appreciated. Trying to do it soon bc I have not really seen any white modded 109's. Also while I have your attention, does anyone know if you have to do cable mods if I put on 2" or 3" risers? Big Joe?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Whats up guys? I know this forum has proven to be very helpful... but seriously.... 87 views and not one response? can someone throw me a bone here? I thought for sure I would get some excellent help from the tech dudes and also the backyarders.

hellloooooooooooooooooo is anyone out there???????????????????????

p.s. Happy Halloween

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
I'll give this a try....
PM or call Big joe at Kewlmetal with questions about the risers.
There aren't any 2 into 1 pipes being manufactured rather than the ones that are homemade by JR/Perry. From what I understand, those aren't super loud. It's been my experience that the really loud pipes aren't that great for power. the cobras are supposed to be loud and ok power wise if you have a power commander to map it.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
are the side burners very loud? do they get power? Anyone know anyone who is using them.... I looked at some sites about this but the only thing I have come up with is posts that almost looked like people who worked for hard krome or others like that..... dont need any real numbers or anything but a story like "i herd a guy one time who had these" will do..... again thanks again for the help BLK

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
I have not seen any two into ones other than the chop shop brew so I can't give you an opinion on those. I think there are a few pipes that will bust out pretty soon but right now there just isn't much out there. The Cobra Drag pipes are the loudest pipes I've heard on any bike but the numbers come in around stock.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Lamont. I cant really tell if I like that whole car exhaust look though, something just doesnt seem right to me. I guess maybe over time it will grow and the power gains will be worth it. I just dont want to sound like an Integra..... Any feelings?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks JR. By the way no knock on your pipes. They def grow on you. I def understand where you are coming from now and why what was done, was done. I am just wondering though.... would a custom exhaust place be able to do a nice 2-1 pipe? Just figured if they can make custom car exhausts in one piece that look good are loud and get gains, then y not a bike? right? i guess im just going to have to call them myself tomorrow. Ill let you know what I come up with.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Someone on this forum said they just got their Sideburners. If so, those are THE LOUDEST pipes I've ever heard on a VTX, I'm sure they will "set off car alarms at idle" on the M109 as well. Maybe Hal can confirm that the DG Hardkrome Sideburners are now shipping. :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

G

·
BlackCherry said:
Someone on this forum said they just got their Sideburners. If so, those are THE LOUDEST pipes I've ever heard on a VTX, I'm sure they will "set off car alarms at idle" on the M109 as well. Maybe Hal can confirm that the DG Hardkrome Sideburners are now shipping. :bigthumbsup: :doorag:
Latest date in Parts Unlimited is November 17. If someone says they have one then maybe Hard Krome sold them a prototype to see how it works. I would need to see a picture of them on his bike to believe it.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i figured but how about them horsies? we gaining any? and hal im on ur site tryin to buy a lid and you dont sell dot skid lids?

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
Latest date in Parts Unlimited is November 17. If someone says they have one then maybe Hard Krome sold them a prototype to see how it works. I would need to see a picture of them on his bike to believe it.
Hal,
OMEGA has supposedly received a set of Sideburners. Look in the thread titled "nothing has done it for me yet (pipes)" on the 2nd page of messages. ;)

G

·
ALBINO109 said:
I know this topic has been touched on before because I have done a search on it. But i have not gotten a really good response or solid information about it. I want to put the best performing and loudest pipes on my bike. I want something that sets car alarms off at idle and gains a good amount of horses. I don't know alot about bikes. But from what I see the 2-1's are the way to go for what I am looking for. Is this correct, Hal, Lamont, Jr, Etc..... ?? I want to look to purchase them soon to put on over the winter here along with some other mod's :evil: (pics when finished). Any help would be appreciated. Trying to do it soon bc I have not really seen any white modded 109's. Also while I have your attention, does anyone know if you have to do cable mods if I put on 2" or 3" risers? Big Joe?

I did the 2" riser without any problems with the wiring

Peter

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
ALBINO109 said:
Hal or anyone you think any hp gains? what was the verdit on the VTX?
I loved the sound and being able to bounce the sound off of cars and walls. They put out about 2 hp less than my vance and hines.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts