M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent out e-mails to V & H, SuperTrapp, muzzy, and D & D about 2-1 pipes for the M109R just before the 4th of july weekend. So far SuperTrapp says no plans on a pipe, V & H say they will have a propipe out in about a month and the other two were no shows. I like muzzy's pipes and he knows how to make power but the communication can be bad. D & D is a local guy to me and he may not read his e-mail much he stays real busy. I will try to call Muzzy and D & D to see if that works better. D & D does make some cruiser bike 2-1's but looks like mostly Harley stuff. Since his shop is only a couple miles from me I may have to personally pay him a visit. My only fear is he will need my bike for the prototype pipe building, see he did this to me once before on my 99' ZRX I still own. Sure I got the very first 4-1 D & D pipe in the world for free but it ate up about 2 months of good weather riding! I check back in on 2-1 progress periodically.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Khrome13 is correct, it is their version of a 2-1 with the name propipe. on other cruisers I have had they produced good numbers on the dyno and can be had with standard or race baffles and are a little on the loud side with the standard baffle but sound good.

·
Registered
849 Posts
And this was the response I got from Vance and Hines.

Jer,
We will be manufacturing a system that won’t be ready until the ‘07 season. Not too sure how it will look yet. R&D is required to keep this information confidential.
--
Ride Safe,

Ryan Lewis
Sales/ Tech. Support
Vance & Hines Racing

·
Registered
363 Posts
Here's a bit more information on that pipe, JR.

# 2-into-1 Pro-Pipes are the systems Byron Hines developed when Vance & Hines decided they wanted to make the absolute best-performing pipe on the market for Harley motors
# Meticulous engineering - a hand-made race collector and specifically designed head pipes produce maximum scavenging of spent exhaust gasses, then a special baffle system provides just the right sound
# The collector is virtually Blue-Proof with its own full coverage heatshield
# True full-length 220 degree wrap heat shields on head pipes perfectly match the collectors heat shield
# Removable baffle and all mounting hardware included
# Made in the U.S.A.

Vance and Hines makes exhaust systems that cater to every riders taste, from huge straight pipes to curvy 2-1 systems. The Vance & Hines Pro-Pipe HS series is one of the latter types.

The Vance and Hines Pro-Pipe is an integrated 2-1 header system that combines good looks with a free-flow design that works wonders for dyno curves and has a low rumbling sound that is pleasing to the ear.

A stock Harley Softail custom can show an increase of 18.9 more horsepower and 16.4 foot-pounds of torque over a 4000-rpm spread with the addition of a Vance & Hines Pro-Pipe.

Vance and Hines has seen to the durability of the Pro-Pipe by including fulley integrated, full-coverage heat shields which mean you'll never see a blued header again.

Though hard to obtain at first, the HS models are now starting to ship and should be plentiful toward the end of the year.

The Vance and Hines Pro-Pipe comes with a high performance street baffle, and and optional competition baffle can be purchased separately.

LG

·
Registered
898 Posts
J R said:
Thankyou very much for the info.To be honest what they do there or the way they did it should i say with the two into one without not using a collector and two pipes basically canesling out eachothers signal altho it looks cool i was hoping for something a little more engineered.I personally feel you need a quality merge collector and not just two pips bent into one then a muffler to make top performance.I am gonna try and make a good two into one using the stock pipes since the collector is top notch and just try and find the right diameter and muffler that will work and maybe I can hook you guys up with pipes that are lighter ,make more power and are cheap to build.All I'm seeing so far is just kinda, "Looks" and sound.I'm not knocking anybody but hey look at a set of cobra dragsters and pic a chrome exhaust tip off a car fro you local auto store that goes two into one in chrome and a muffler behind it and that appears exactly what that is.I could make that exact pipe for 3 bucks plus whatever the muffler cost with my cobra,s and it wouldn't perform as well as the stocker whacked off at the collector with a 9 inch 2.5 pipe behind it.I already tried something that looked just like that and it didn't really help out a bunch at all...Thanks for the info and keep me posted.AI think the pipes are gonna have to be made by me to be honest to perform all these pipes are just copy's of the same old same old just made to fit the latest bike...I was hoping for some R&D i guess ill have to do it myself......JR
quit waisting time on that collector/2into1 and make me some TLR's dammit :D i will gladly settle for good look and sound :bigthumbsup:

khrome

G

·
J R said:
Thankyou very much for the info.To be honest what they do there or the way they did it should i say with the two into one without not using a collector and two pipes basically canesling out eachothers signal altho it looks cool i was hoping for something a little more engineered.I personally feel you need a quality merge collector and not just two pips bent into one then a muffler to make top performance.I am gonna try and make a good two into one using the stock pipes since the collector is top notch and just try and find the right diameter and muffler that will work and maybe I can hook you guys up with pipes that are lighter ,make more power and are cheap to build.All I'm seeing so far is just kinda, "Looks" and sound.I'm not knocking anybody but hey look at a set of cobra dragsters and pic a chrome exhaust tip off a car fro you local auto store that goes two into one in chrome and a muffler behind it and that appears exactly what that is.I could make that exact pipe for 3 bucks plus whatever the muffler cost with my cobra,s and it wouldn't perform as well as the stocker whacked off at the collector with a 9 inch 2.5 pipe behind it.I already tried something that looked just like that and it didn't really help out a bunch at all...Thanks for the info and keep me posted.AI think the pipes are gonna have to be made by me to be honest to perform all these pipes are just copy's of the same old same old just made to fit the latest bike...I was hoping for some R&D i guess ill have to do it myself......JR
Hey bro, a good set-up after the SET would be awesome and so what if it has to be welded, any Banks power system for a Diesel has to be welded. If you build the pipe ship it to me and we will put it on the dyno at Thunder, I don not have the location or the ability to do this but I will do what I can to help. I have access to the dyno at thunder pretty much anytime and if we can get it figure out we might be able to get them to handle manufactuer and distributing. Let me know what you think or what I can do.

TAZ

P.S. Have good vacation, tip one to us 109r's.

·
Registered
936 Posts
you know I'm watching another thread about v-rods and its funny you mention that because the v-rod has exactly such a collectors box from the factory, so i agree 100% with Jr's theory on 2-1 pipes. thats why he said the 2-1 hard krome pipe was junk, performance wise.

·
Registered
898 Posts
LionsGate said:
Here's a bit more information on that pipe, JR.

# 2-into-1 Pro-Pipes are the systems Byron Hines developed when Vance & Hines decided they wanted to make the absolute best-performing pipe on the market for Harley motors
# Meticulous engineering - a hand-made race collector and specifically designed head pipes produce maximum scavenging of spent exhaust gasses, then a special baffle system provides just the right sound
# The collector is virtually Blue-Proof with its own full coverage heatshield
# True full-length 220 degree wrap heat shields on head pipes perfectly match the collectors heat shield
# Removable baffle and all mounting hardware included
# Made in the U.S.A.

Vance and Hines makes exhaust systems that cater to every riders taste, from huge straight pipes to curvy 2-1 systems. The Vance & Hines Pro-Pipe HS series is one of the latter types.

The Vance and Hines Pro-Pipe is an integrated 2-1 header system that combines good looks with a free-flow design that works wonders for dyno curves and has a low rumbling sound that is pleasing to the ear.

A stock Harley Softail custom can show an increase of 18.9 more horsepower and 16.4 foot-pounds of torque over a 4000-rpm spread with the addition of a Vance & Hines Pro-Pipe.

Vance and Hines has seen to the durability of the Pro-Pipe by including fulley integrated, full-coverage heat shields which mean you'll never see a blued header again.

Though hard to obtain at first, the HS models are now starting to ship and should be plentiful toward the end of the year.

The Vance and Hines Pro-Pipe comes with a high performance street baffle, and and optional competition baffle can be purchased separately.

LG
plus there's looks better IMHO than the others that i have seen .... except for the one offs...

khrome

G

·
moto said:
you know I'm watching another thread about v-rods and its funny you mention that because the v-rod has exactly such a collectors box from the factory, so i agree 100% with Jr's theory on 2-1 pipes. thats why he said the 2-1 hard krome pipe was junk, performance wise.
I have given up on Hard Krome I was a customer for the Sideburner on my VTX and wanted one bad for the 109r but I sent those jerks 6 emails inquiring about the pipe and not a single response.

They can l;akjdf;ladjflkwjf well you know what I mean. I will not give them the 650.00 bucks for something that they cannot even communicate about. At this point I wouldn't even let them give me one. I will stay with the stock until someone comes up with something that works and sounds cool.

I have debaffled my stock pipes and will leave that on there even if it weights an extra 30lbs. I will break the case and put cams in this thing to make up for the weight, before I will give those jerks a dime.

·
Registered
363 Posts
It's actually a pretty good pipe, opens up to 4 1/2 inches in back. I'm running one on my 103" motor now. Better power down low and sounds twice as good as my stockers.

LG

·
Registered
240 Posts
We have a member here, bubfryder, who was supposed to drop his 109 at muzzy's in bend, OR
If it went down as scheduled, then expect them to be first with their pipe, trust me it will make more power than stock.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I spoke with bubfryder who was mentioned in the thread earlier that was loaning out his bike to Muzzy up in OR. well it turns out Muzzy never calls him back. I noticed they did not reply to my question of a 2-1 pipe either. Still trying to get ahold of Dan over here at D & D in Ft Worth just down the street from me. I might just have to pay him a visit on the bike!

·
Registered
450 Posts
JR you are exactly correct. I played this game before, not so much with my bike. But my Hemi truck, I know its not a bike but the same principle applies. When I went from 2into 1 into 2, To 2 out with performance mufflers I lost so much torgue it was unreal. Played around some more and found 2 out 2 with a x pipe to equalize the pressure i regained torgue and helped top end. All I see out there are standard pipes either 2 strait out or 2 into 1. Suzuki added the collector (quess what it's called ) to regain lower torque. As they state in there selling brochure. I understand you can't always believe what you read. But I am sure they tested for best performance, and meeting epa requirements. Now what we need is performance and not worrying about the epa (sorry for the earth warming) Thats why I think that a 2 out out pipe is loosing.(my opinion like as# holes you know) No back pressure, and the exhaust presure is not equalized to each other. I maybe rattling on but. Keeping my eyes :eek: on real performance pipes with either two into 1 back to 2. Or a modified version of what we have. Hey have to admitt they are some good looking pipes. Little rough on the chroming, but they look and perform. Now lets go from there not start from scratch. Fix what we have. I am not a pipe man, layed a little pipe ::)but I degress. There are folks out there that want performance not what everyone else buying. JR we need some help :bigthumbsup: or should I say I need some help :doorag:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts