Votes: 0 0.0%
  • vibration

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had Jason's dog bones on the bike for a while and the bike has vibration when you increase the throttle. I'm curious if anyone else has had this experience and if so what did you do about it? after comming off the line several times it shattered the knuckle at the transmission.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean, it shattered the knuckle at the transmission? You mean something broke on your bike? I have noticed vibration at varying RPM through acceleration. Nothing seems worse with the bones on other than some bumps in the road that seem to hit a little harder.

G

·
Ive had the bones on for over 2,000 miles now and have not noticed any vibrations. I don't believe running these will vibrations that will break something. I do know in higher gears you have to downshift or you get vibrations on acceleration.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've examined the driveline on these bikes numerous times, lowered and stock height. I don't believe lowering causes any undue stress at all, U-joints remain well within operating range, no driveline components are changed so vibration due to improper balance is out. It's definetly odd.... how hard where you leaving?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I ride mine pretty hard and haven't noticed any difference after installing the bones. Bike just sits a bit lower. (and looks a lot better) Bumps were a bit harsher but dropped the pre-load one notch and she was good to go.

G

·
My bike has always had a vibration that I call a "shudder". It comes and goes as I pass thru 60-70MPH. Checked everything and all looks fine.

·
Registered
116 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
My bike has always had a vibration that I call a "shudder". It comes and goes as I pass thru 60-70MPH. Checked everything and all looks fine.
I agree, I would call mine a shudder as well and it happens at different rpms and different gears on acceleration. I haven't lowered mine and have always had this vibration / shudder.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea, i broke, or the bike broke at the knuckle or what ever you call it,(where the shaft 90's into the tranny, that piece shattered) dealer fixed it and after that it had some vibration they then told me to take the bones off and see if it still vibrated. i haven't changed them out yet but i plan too and see. i ride the bike real hard and it could be just me tearing it up i don't know, but I'm gonna change them back to stock and see if it still vibrates or shutters anyway i don't remember it doing that before. I'm not saying anything bad about Jason's bones, i love the look and want too keep'm on, I'm just asking if anyone else has a little vibration.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Just curious, but I wonder if your tires aren't balanced properly.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i put a 260 on before the bones and it felt fine. when it happen i was getten on it real hard. you can tell its in the drive train.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts