M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a way to go from 1st to 2nd without a clunk or grind . simply double clutch . shift from 1st to neutral with the clutch , release the clutch , engage the clutch , then shift from neutral to 2nd . smooth as a baby's butt . no clunk or grind . it takes about 2 seconds longer , but it sure sounds and feels better .

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
I wasn't going to say anything but since I put the Amsoil in my bike I noticed it shifts a lot better. I forgot I did the oil change when I went to the dyno and I was thinking "man that was an easy shift" then I remembered I changed oil. This is not a sales pitch, just telling you what I noticed. :doorag:

·
Registered
292 Posts
flunky said:
I found a way to go from 1st to 2nd without a clunk or grind . simply double clutch . shift from 1st to neutral with the clutch , release the clutch , engage the clutch , then shift from neutral to 2nd . smooth as a baby's butt . no clunk or grind . it takes about 2 seconds longer , but it sure sounds and feels better .
I do the same thing when I'm in slow traffic, nice and smooth, no clunks, When I want to move - I just bang away! I do plan to switch to Amsoil at my next oil change, sounds like it helps..

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I did another oil change at 1200 miles and noticed few/no metal shavings on the magnetic drain plugs. I got a good deal on some Repsol 10-50w full synthetic from Cycle Gear and noticed the shifting is much smoother. Also used a K & N oil filter with the nut on the end. this makes things much easier. The shop manual says the filter has to be tightened down just to contact with the motor then two full turns so it does not vibrate loose. That my friends is tight. I will do it with the K & N filter since it is so easy on or off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts