M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Gents,

??1-Pearl is nearing 4k and based on the owners manual she is due a service at that time. The manual calls for some inspections but an oil change is the only thing that's done. Should I have it serviced or just changed the oil? I am running a GIpro, Fi200R, Stock intake and filters and exhaust w/scorpion tips, should i change the plugs? If so what should i go with? When i change the oil whats the best recommended brand and type.

??2-i noticed with Onyx, there is an oil mist that comes from the tail pipe. What could be the cause and what can i do to remedy it? He is running cobra swepts, Fi200R, stock intake and filters.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Don't mean to hijack your thread, but I'm going to run a very similar setup to your mods (in your area) and was wondering what your Fi2000 settings are? Not sure if you posted in the thread about it.

Thanks!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
1st Service ?? and Oil ?? at 4K??? I am about to do my first service at 600 miles; I know that someone was trying to rip me off on the price but I did not know I was also getting ripped off on the recommended schedule:dontknow:.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Don't mean to hijack your thread, but I'm going to run a very similar setup to your mods (in your area) and was wondering what your Fi2000 settings are? Not sure if you posted in the thread about it.

Thanks!:bigthumbsup:
:jacked: Booo'yahh!! lol

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not that one

I didnt consider the break in oil change a service but that was done 3400k ago

1st Service ?? and Oil ?? at 4K??? I am about to do my first service at 600 miles; I know that someone was trying to rip me off on the price but I did not know I was also getting ripped off on the recommended schedule:dontknow:.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
what oil should you use that is totaly up to you bro i run Amsoil others run Mobal 1 everyone has there choice of oilds to run so that one is up to you.

you can service your 9 your self if you want change the oil and filter and do a detailed inspection makeing sure everything is tight and no leaks anywhere and all fluids and presures are set and filled if you feel comfortable doing this your self go for it i do my own and alot of doit again is what your comfortable with doing

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
plugs

any recommendation on the plugs, i remember reading something about colder plugs when using the GiPro, any idea on Onyx's oil mist from the pipes

what oil should you use that is totaly up to you bro i run Amsoil others run Mobal 1 everyone has there choice of oilds to run so that one is up to you.

you can service your 9 your self if you want change the oil and filter and do a detailed inspection makeing sure everything is tight and no leaks anywhere and all fluids and presures are set and filled if you feel comfortable doing this your self go for it i do my own and alot of doit again is what your comfortable with doing

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
any recommendation on the plugs, i remember reading something about colder plugs when using the GiPro, any idea on Onyx's oil mist from the pipes
you can put a colder plug in if your 9 is detanating or pinging on hard exceleration as that will happen sometimes to our bikes after we install the Gipro so need to some do not as for the oil out of the tail pipe i have no idea but i`m thinking it isn`t good when you start pushing oul out the tail pipe broken rings maybe idk just guessing a bit there

1 - 9 of 9 Posts