M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting ready to do my 1st oil change on my bike this weekend, just turned 600 miles on it. So since its the 1st oil change for the bike will i be ok using senthic oil from here on out? Just wanted to make sure i was not doing it to soon, wanted to make sure rings are ready and everything else is aswell.

·
Registered
148 Posts
i use synthetic after the break in but i run it to 1000 miles though not 600 miles.never had an issues or burned oil after the change over.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
After the 600 I change right over to synthetic. I change the synthetic after about 1000 1500 to flush out all the dyno oil. Don't forget the hub. I changed it over to synthetic also and flush that also.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I personally would go with non on this first oil change and then switch to full synthetic next time.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I personally would go with non on this first oil change and then switch to full synthetic next time.
That is what I did...got a change in at 1000 and just did it last night again at 2500...this time changed from dino to Mobil One 10W-40...

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
Im getting ready to do my 1st oil change on my bike this weekend, just turned 600 miles on it. So since its the 1st oil change for the bike will i be ok using senthic oil from here on out? Just wanted to make sure i was not doing it to soon, wanted to make sure rings are ready and everything else is aswell.
If you rode it like you stole it for the 1st 600 miles, change to synthetic now. If you followed the break-in by the book, wait until the 2nd oil change or your rings won't seat properly and you'll get blow-by. I varied my break-in, occasionally running the piss out of it and changed to synthetic @ 500 miles. Going strong now for 4 years with no oil loss or any other probs.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I'd have to say if you push it in the 600 you will get blow-by. You don't want to push this bike at low miles. you put to much on the pistons and it rounds the rings and start blow by at high speeds. I pushed my 06 like they told me. You don't want to tell some one like me that. She puked all over the place.

Now my 07 is a different story. Like the book says and quit a while after. You don't want to push this bike with the dyno oil. Its got grit in it to smooth the parts out. Thats why i flush it at 1000 to 1500 miles to get all the dyno oil out. The synthetic carry the junk to the filter.

I ever over filled it and ran it at high speeds and no oil in the left filter ever.

I have a 08 also. No puke. These bikes take a long time to brake in and seat.

Both got synthetic at the first oil change. With a touch of Lucas. You don't have to be leave me. Just take you time.

I wonder who got my 06 puke. hmmmmm. LMAO.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
If you rode it like you stole it for the 1st 600 miles, change to synthetic now. If you followed the break-in by the book, wait until the 2nd oil change or your rings won't seat properly and you'll get blow-by. I varied my break-in, occasionally running the piss out of it and changed to synthetic @ 500 miles. Going strong now for 4 years with no oil loss or any other probs.
This is exactly the advice you want. Ignore the rest. Pay particular attention to the sentence that is in bold.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
No need for that. Let the guy make his own decision. Lots of puking bikes on here.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,862 Posts
I changed to Amsoil synthetic at the first oil change. 600 miles. No issues.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i have been pretty easy on it for the 1st 600 miles. But now i hear everyone saying to use reg oil till i hit about 1500 miles then change over. ***** i just spent about 45 bucks for oile and now i cant use it lol. My fault i should of waited lol. Thanks for the info

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
i have been pretty easy on it for the 1st 600 miles. But now i hear everyone saying to use reg oil till i hit about 1500 miles then change over. ***** i just spent about 45 bucks for oile and now i cant use it lol. My fault i should of waited lol. Thanks for the info
Good move bro. :bigthumbsup: And just hold onto that syth oil. It won't go bad sitting on the shelf.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
did you pm him like a little bitch?

Its no big thing guy. 1500 with synthetic or reg oil. Long as you flush it out and take it easy.

I'm not going back and forth like a little kid. Love your bike and it will love you back.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Changed that oil today with non synthetic. Let me just i think suzuki's engineering department is full of dumbasses. They could of made the oil filter a little more accessable. Any way its done and thats all that maters lol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts