M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most of you know Megan and I were hit by a drunk driver about a month ago. Megan had just bought her first motorcycle ever prior to the accident. She had been polishing it up for hours and practicing in the local parking lots before her safety class begins next month.

Well I am very proud of her for getting back on any bike much less her own. She is still practicing but I made her ride the bike home after 2 hours of practicing the other night. She made it home fine but when we got home she didn't like the mirrors on the 96 Yamaha Virago. So I had a set of M109 mirrors that I was able to piece together from the accident to put on her bike. So when she went out to make sure her bike was still upright due to amount of bikes that have fallen over in the garage lately (on the M109 site) she noticed the change I made for her. Let's just say there was a happy ending!!!

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
And by happy ending you mean she took you out for Frozen Custard at Ted Drews.........:joke:

See ya Friday Bud!

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
1st, thank god, you both are ok!!!!! Good for her on getting back to riding, the bike looks great.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And by happy ending you mean she took you out for Frozen Custard at Ted Drews.........:joke:

See ya Friday Bud!
Ted's is the best! If anyone ever comes to St. Louis you have to try Ted Drewes Frozen Custard.

Look forward to visiting the other side of the state!

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Ted's is the best! If anyone ever comes to St. Louis you have to try Ted Drewes Frozen Custard.

Look forward to visiting the other side of the state!
I only made that comment because I know how good Ted Drewes custard is. Ride safe bud.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,044 Posts
They do appreciate the little things. I did the same thing with my wife's S50, she liked the stock mirrors from my 109 better than the square ones that came on hers. So on they went. Also found out that the mirror arms on hers were the same as the 109 but longer, so she also got a set of mirrors that didn't look like they were bigger than the bike.

Glad you two are back riding again Ben, and she must be a tough gal to go through what you guys did and still want to get back on a bike. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
741 Posts
Good job, Ben.

So, was that backrest high enough for you, when she had to drive you around, while you were bikeless??? :dontknow:

Take care, buddy....

Ted Drewes...mmmmmm!

·
Registered
877 Posts
As most of you know Megan and I were hit by a drunk driver about a month ago. Megan had just bought her first motorcycle ever prior to the accident. She had been polishing it up for hours and practicing in the local parking lots before her safety class begins next month.

Well I am very proud of her for getting back on any bike much less her own. She is still practicing but I made her ride the bike home after 2 hours of practicing the other night. She made it home fine but when we got home she didn't like the mirrors on the 96 Yamaha Virago. So I had a set of M109 mirrors that I was able to piece together from the accident to put on her bike. So when she went out to make sure her bike was still upright due to amount of bikes that have fallen over in the garage lately (on the M109 site) she noticed the change I made for her. Let's just say there was a happy ending!!!
:joke:

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good job, Ben.

So, was that backrest high enough for you, when she had to drive you around, while you were bikeless??? :dontknow:

Take care, buddy....

Ted Drewes...mmmmmm!
It was just high enough to keep me from sliding off the back but short enough to show off the "Tramp Stamp" tattoo! :joke:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts