M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first bike with direct drive and maybe thats why this happens. I've noticed a lot that at a stop sign while in neutral, I will try to click it into 1st and it just won't go with out rolling the bike forward or backward a little. Is this normal for the M109r?? Thanks!!

·
Registered
666 Posts
the best way to fix this problem is to release the clutch and reingage (double clutch it) works everytime :bigthumbsup:

how many miles do you have on it??

·
Registered
750 Posts
Second drive shaft bike for me and I always let the clutch in and out a little while shifting in first to get it to engage. Pretty much like tex said.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Double Clutch works every time but I will add that I tend not to sit anywhere with the bike in N just because I want to be able to move fast when the idiot cager is dialing their phone and decides not to stop.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
hellrazr72 said:
This is my first bike with direct drive and maybe thats why this happens. I've noticed a lot that at a stop sign while in neutral, I will try to click it into 1st and it just won't go with out rolling the bike forward or backward a little. Is this normal for the M109r?? Thanks!!
If you down shift to 2nd and release the clutch and slow way down then shift to 1st while barely moving it is smooth as silk. Unless the light is going to be very long I also stay in gera till the car behind me comes to a stop.

Sledzep

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I dont think some of you completely understand the question!! This is not happening when im in motion....this is when im stopped at a stop light and in neutral.....then try to click into 1st to take off from a non moving position.

·
Registered
379 Posts
My bike does the same. When I shift from second to neutral then come to a full stop it will not shift into first until I let the clutch lever out and then pull it back in. Then it pops right in to first. Nature of the beast? I don't know.

·
Registered
593 Posts
YES YOUR ? WAS UNDERSTOOD-WIDE CUT GEARS. The reason you must 2xclutch is because they the gears are not meshing. Therefore you must pull the clutch to cause an alignment.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts