M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All seemed pretty good. I did not purchase the bike from this dealer, but I didnt' feel like riding 40 miles to where I originally picked up the bike. They seemed pretty good here, and told me to bring in my owners manual so he could document it there, and also threw in a write-up on everything that is checked off as supposed to be done by Suzuki.

I previously mentioned the oil issue to the guy, and he told me they were well aware of it.

So I rode the bike home, and cleaned up a small oil spot by the fill. I also checked the level after it sat for several minutes. All good :bigthumbsup:

So then I look down by the stand, and notice there is some kind of white grease stuff around where the stand mounts. So I start to wipe that stuff off. (not with the part of the rag with the motor oil on it). So it lifts the grease off, and huh..... it looks like the damn black paint is coming along for the ride as well! I just need to know if there is some kind of funk they might have put on there, or if it's just me, and I never noticed that the stand chews away at the paint from being lowered over time. Let me know if any of you guys also have the paint coming off by the stand, or if my dealer here just did this  :confused:  I can't tell for sure. But now that I see it, I do not like it one bit....

EDIT - O My Word! Didn't realize the picture was throwing off the text. Here is a scaled down pic showing the area I'm talking about.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
::)

Damn...I am pretty sure that I did not have this peel before my visit to the dealer. Looks like I will have to return to them on the way home from work.

I have a feeling the guy will give me some kind of run-around though....I myself don't know what the goop stuff was they used, and why would they use something that could chew off the paint. I don't have much of an argument going into this. :mad:

·
Registered
600 Posts
Looks like they put a bit of lithium grease on the stand. Good for places that are exposed to moisture. I didn't know it doubled as paint remover, though :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts