M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just some observations about this outfit.
I went with a friend who wanted to buy a V-strom. They were the only place in reasonable riding distance who had one.
They seemed kinda shifty to me about how they did business. I know all about the paperwork shuffle to get loans thru and all but they did it in a way that cost my friend a substatial amount of money. As far as I was concerned we should have bailed and gone to Streits in Gainesville. At least I know the sales manager there, we might still get screwed but at least you get kissed.
The sales manager added 1500 in parts and put in that there was a 1000 down payment, there were no parts or down payment, that I understand is to make easier to finance, but why raise the price 500? The MSRP on this bike is 7995.00 They had agreed to sell it for 7600.00 After I complained about this he lowered it 200. Still making the sales price 7800, and then they add all the garbage fees and warranty making it over 9000 out the door. What a bunch of crap, and to top it all off. They were closing as we left, no one went over the bike with my friend, just handed him the keys, when we got ready to leave he started it up and the fuel was so low the light was blinking. Since it was not his bike how is he supposed to know how low it was? They should have had someone check it out, clean it, and fuel it for him.
So for me I will probably not go back there.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had similar situation with West Coast Power Sports on my 9 I bought in December.

They tried to sneak a warranty in the price. Then they added $600 handling fees. On top of it all they had listed the price on the internet at 8k. When my bank got the paperwork it was at 8500.

I pulled my offer and told them to go to hell. The big manager of blah blah called me and I told him its simple. I didn't try to haggle because it was a fair price for this bike. He wanted to know what can he do to sale me the bike. I told him that 8k was a fair price and if he can get the price out the door for 8k he would have a deal.

Even then he still pushed it and came back with a price of 8200. Which of course we all know, and he was banking on, I'm not going to let a deal on a bike I really want to slide on 200. But as I told him later, I would make sure to tell my story to people. Might make them think about using his place to buy a bike.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts