M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

go to the link on my first post i really have to have one if it has 190hp can't wait to get it to the drag strip

·
Registered
178 Posts
It's a 2008 Kawasaki 1400 GTR. I just checked out the euro website. I don't think it's gonna have 190 hp though. It has a lot of technical goodies. ONe article I read said it will be moderately priced to compete with the FJR.....

-Chad

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
everything on the web has been from 160 hp to a high of 190 we will just have to wait & see talked w/my dealer should be here summer 07 i told him to put me on the list i guess i am the only one ha ha

·
Registered
296 Posts
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article_Page.aspx?ArticleID=3746&Page=1

Nice bike....it WILL be a stout sport tourer. May have to have one of these in the future :bigthumbsup:

Remember the ZX14 is hitting the dyno around 175 rwhp ! Even a Detuned sport touring version should make at least 145 or more....FJR's are aroound 125-130 rwhp and the new K1200GT is around 130 or so as well......so it should be interesting.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I actually think it look pretty good without all the plastic! It just need a seat and maybe a rear fender... :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
joet said:
everything on the web has been from 160 hp to a high of 190 we will just have to wait & see talked w/my dealer should be here summer 07 i told him to put me on the list i guess i am the only one ha ha
Cycleworld dyno'd the zx14 at 170 at the wheel... I'm sure they will have to do the "tuned for touring" crap so I'm guessing 155-160 but more torque

·
Registered
267 Posts
joet said:

go to the link on my first post i really have to have one if it has 190hp can't wait to get it to the drag strip
190 HP at the crank, not the wheel. I'm sure Suzuki will up the 'Busa. You can always buy a ZX14 and buy bags from Corbin.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Problem is only the ABS model comes in black, the non ABS is silver only, of course I want black but I dont want ABS, I guess it will depend on how much weight the ABS system will add to the spec sheet, if it's negligible I'll go for it.
If not silver it is.
All the bike really needs is a nice shorty carbon slip on, some stickier tires and she's good.
I've never been much of an iron butt type but that machine may change that 180 degrees.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
montoya32 said:
190 HP at the crank, not the wheel. I'm sure Suzuki will up the 'Busa. You can always buy a ZX14 and buy bags from Corbin.
who cares crank wheel handle bars 190 is 190 the busa is like riding a freight train been there done that not for me

·
Registered
185 Posts
SpeedStack said:
got any more pics?
Well since my other bike is a 2001 Kaw Concours...I have vested interest in the new Concours 14....I think Kaw did a good job with it....Sweet!!! :bigthumbsup: I hear from the Kaw big wigs that it will put out 155 HP at the rear wheel. Might just have to trade my current Concours in on this new one when it comes out in the Spring. Here are some pics on this website of the 14 and some of the other new release Kaw's:Â
http://imageevent.com/capete/bikephotos/2007dealershow/2207kawasaki

·
Registered
296 Posts
Omega.....Why wouldnt you want ABS? All good and NO bad. ABS is without question an excellent improvement in performance on a bike not to mention a VERY important safety feature. Especially on a bike like this and at its price point , well worth getting the ABS. Weight penalty is negligable in this class.

Waltert, I used to ride a freinds mid 90's Connie and it was a GREAT bike for the bucks. Definitely 80's technology but who is to say that is not still very viable for a steetbike? Honestly , the only absolute must have tech improvements are tire and suspension related. Given more power is always nice but not always a deal breaker....

This new Connie will be pretty interesting. FJR looks more refined but this new Kawi seems loaded with features and it will surely be STRONG and should be smooth (old Connies downfall).

·
Registered
3 Posts
I still have my '91 Connie. I set out to buy a sport tourer, either the Yamaha FJR or the Honda ST1300, that is until I saw the M109 sitting next to the Honda.....

The only reason I wasn't looking at the Concours was that it needed updating. Wow, great looking bike. I want one! the Concours is a great bike, I put 60k miles on mine and enjoyed every one. With this upgrade, I will have to figure out how to justify buying one, not to myself, but to my wife.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts