M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a month ago I was involved in a accident and it resulted in a crack in the frame that connects to the triple tree. What I am trying to figure out is. What years are interchangeable with the 19 m109 frame? I love the bike and would rather fix it than get rid of it. Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Registered
2009 / VZR1800
About a month ago I was involved in a accident and it resulted in a crack in the frame that connects to the triple tree. What I am trying to figure out is. What years are interchangeable with the 19 m109 frame? I love the bike and would rather fix it than get rid of it. Any help with this is greatly appreciated.
Welcome to the board! Cheers 馃嵒
In all the years I have been on this forum, I did not hear about
any diference in frames through the all years. Nevertheless,
I would definitely compare the OEM numbers before buying
a used frame, if you find one reasonable enough, because
I believe new frame is prohibitively expensive... :unsure:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the booard! Cheers 馃嵒
In all the years I have been on this forum, I did not hear about
any diference in frames through the all years. Nevertheless,
I would definitely compare the OEM numbers before buying
a used frame, if you find one reasonable enough, because
I believe new frame is prohibitively expensive... :unsure:
Thanks for the welcome. Expensive indeed, An OME frame is around 4k!

Registered
2009 / VZR1800
So any M109r frame will work? I hear that the motor mounts may be in a different place.
o_OIf they are, it will have different OEM number...
Check those, and you should be safe... JMHO
I wonder where did you hear that, if the mounts
are elsewhere, engine casting will be different
as well. I do not believe its true, but double
checking never hurts...

Registered
So any M109r frame will work? I hear that the motor mounts may be in a different place.
Can you tell us the source you are hearing that from?

As far as I am aware the frames are the same, engines are the same, motor mounts are the same.....on all models.
Only difference might be color of the paint.

BCS

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can you tell us the source you are hearing that from?

As far as I am aware the frames are the same, engines are the same, motor mounts are the same.....on all models.
Only difference might be color of the paint.

BCS
I was in a conversation with a sales rep for Suzuki and it was something he mentioned in conversation. No hard facts or anything. Lol the hole reason I joined here was because if figure I would get.. more accurate information on the matter.

Registered
I was in a conversation with a sales rep for Suzuki and it was something he mentioned in conversation. No hard facts or anything. Lol the hole reason I joined here was because if figure I would get.. more accurate information on the matter.
Sales rep knows very little about the mechanical side of these bikes...trust me. The motor/engine case is identical for all years, meaning the motor mounts are the same and using the same location. . From 2006-21 it is the same frame.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sales rep knows very little about the mechanical side of these bikes...trust me. The motor/engine case is identical for all years, meaning the motor mounts are the same and using the same location. . From 2006-21 it is the same frame.
This a exactly why I made the call to come here and put it out there. I do appreciate the info you all have enlighten me with on the subject.

Registered
This a exactly why I made the call to come here and put it out there. I do appreciate the info you all have enlighten me with on the subject.
Glad to help. We have done many swaps from early models to later year engines, and full frame swaps so that is how I know. LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts