M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced the stock Dunnie, after only 6000, with a Dunnie 250 and love it. I was thinking about going with the 160 up front, since it will be due for replacement soon. Would any of you that have the 160 please respond back with what type of mod you had to do to the front fender to get this to fit. Any pics would be great. And do all the brands fit the same..ie Avon, Metzler, Dunnie etc..lastly would you do it again with the 160?

Thanks and love this bike and forum

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I have the Metz 160, no mods needed. Just loosened the front fender and pulled up on it when I tightened it back up, so no tire rub. Works great, the bike handles much better and it even improved the ride. :p

·
Registered
599 Posts
I did the 160 Metz up front about 1000 miles ago, no nodification necessary to fit the tire in there. The only "issue" I've had is the 8 feet of gravel between the edge of my concrete driveway and the street where i live. Sometimes a little rock will get wedged in the tire tread and catch the rear of the fender. It's a tight fit, I haven't noticed any damage yet, and now I drive to/from my driveway over the grass in my yard, it seems to work, and I absolutely love how that 160 feels while I'm driving:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I got 160 at my rear

Oh you meant tire size :D

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
one of the guys posted that he installed brakets and got clearance of 15 mm

that mod should help you. i could'nt find the link for you.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Those are Rainey's brackets. He has them for sale on E-Bay. Just go on ebay and type in "Revo" in the search, if you don't see them, look at his other items for sale. They should be on there somewhere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts