M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see a few guys are running the 170 front tire, it looks great, but how does it handle? Also is there any adjustments needed on the finder to fit the 170?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I am not sure about fender adjustments, but if I understand correctly, the 170 fits a 17" rim, not the stock 18".

On the 160: no fender adjustments and it rides great.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Keep the 130 up front. Its bigger than most rear tires used to be just 10 years ago.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
So how is that a reason not to change it? :dontknow:
Go with the 160, fits perfect, rides awesome (way better than stock) and you don't have to make any changes at all.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Go with the 160, fits perfect, rides awesome (way better than stock) and you don't have to make any changes at all.
:agree::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
179 Posts
:agree::agree:

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
I am not sure about fender adjustments, but if I understand correctly, the 170 fits a 17" rim, not the stock 18".

On the 160: no fender adjustments and it rides great.
One of the members of this forum who is a good friend of mine has the 170 tire on his 9 and it is definitely on a 17 inch wheel. I don't believe that a 170 would fit under the fender on an 18 inch wheel. However, SR is right...there are no fitting issues with the 160 tire on the 18 inch wheel, and it rides super great.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
i had to push up the rear of the fender a tad for tire growth on the highway. but i friggin love the feel.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I have a 170mm on the front. You do have to change the wheel size to a 17X6.25". The front fender needs to be moved up for clearance too. It's really not that hard to do. As far as handling, I do not feel most of the small imperfections on the road, it is very stable on the highway. It is a little tougher through the twisties though, but it doesn't take long to get used to it. I can stay up with most of the guys that I ride with.

·
Registered
976 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
170 ?? I say go big or go home......just make sure the tire is installed with the arrows rotating backwards...I'm going with the 40 series and 28 psi...that way I can do away with my side stand, as well checking the oil will be much easier now...Does anyone know who makes a front fender kit ?

·
Registered
976 Posts
so is it worth it to buy a 170/60 17 and mod the fender rather than just mount a 160/60 ?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts