M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Here's mine.....Assuming the position for the internet spanking I'll get for the tire's direction.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,008 Posts

Don't beat yourself up, Woody. That's what we're here for.

I love my 160 fat front tire. Better clearance in the corners, absorbs bumps better, and makes steering more neutral. Notice the bottom of my peg. That happened before the 160 swap.

-Josh

·
Registered
303 Posts
Ditto!! Bad ass!!

·
Registered
2,313 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
So, I did a quick search on Motorcycle Superstore for the 160/60R18 and the:

Metzeler
ME 880 Marathon XXL Rear

was the only tire in this size.

Is this indeed the only tire in this size that fits the front stock rim without modifications?
Not sure if its the ONLY one, but its the one you're seeing on this forum. It's a great tire. If you haven't yet....JUST DO IT! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
you will love the 160 front.I know i will never go back to anything smaller.It handles great and rides a lot smother.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I love the 280-160 combo.

Funny thing though, with a little over 1k on the set, the 280 is broken in edge to edge, but the 160 still has about 1/2" on each side that looks untouched.

Here's mine:

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128194
You're just not leaning it over far enough. :D

I've only got about a 1/4 in. of a chicken strip. But I'm grinding my pipes (both top and bottom pipe) on the right and my sidestand mount on the left. Can't lean it over any farther. I've got the 260 on the back and using it all the way to the edge. the 280 being a flatter profile (on the 10" rim) you're actually farther out on the edge (less rubber on the road) That with a 260. so you may not be able to lean it anymore than that without roling off the edge of the tread.

I like the fact that I'm not all the way to the edge of the 160 on the front cause that means I've still got a full footprint on the road in front.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts