M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buddy of mine has a 1500 Intruder. Not sure what year but I am guessing early 90's. Well he doesn't get any spark at either plug. He bas used the maintenance manual and the trouble shooting part said to replace the ecm or whatever they call there's. He replaced the ecm and he still doesn't have any spark. Does anyone know what direction he may need to go? I was thinking a coil or plug wire bit wouldn't of thought both would go out at the same time? Let me know what ya'll think.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Buddy of mine has a 1500 Intruder. Not sure what year but I am guessing early 90's. Well he doesn't get any spark at either plug. He bas used the maintenance manual and the trouble shooting part said to replace the ecm or whatever they call there's. He replaced the ecm and he still doesn't have any spark. Does anyone know what direction he may need to go? I was thinking a coil or plug wire bit wouldn't of thought both would go out at the same time? Let me know what ya'll think.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
The manual should tell him how to check the coils with a meter. that would be my first guess. Isn't too involved on that bike if he isn't getting spark.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts