M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went for a 150 mile ride today and have to say I thouroly enjoyed the 109. The 109 is a great ride. I found the seat to be comfortable and could have gone extra miles if I would have had time. The foot pegs and bars are in good positions for me, but for longer rides the bars could be a little higher. I found vibration to be minimaul through the pegs and grips. The bike handles great, but you need to be alert to steering changes at higher speeds and in cross winds. Now if Suzuki would produce a tourer off of the 109 they could slip right into the luxo tourer group and give Honda and HD a good run for their money. Of course the bike would need a fairing, touring windshield, driving lights, Touring seat and pillion with hard bags and trunk. Communications devices would also be great. I feel that a 109 configured for touring would be a nice five or six hundred mile a day ride. One that would be dependable, enjoyable and equatible to purchase.

oldfart

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yeah the 109 ENGINE would be good as a tourer but I doubt the frame and the style would carry over.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Where did you go Oldfart?

And don't any of you morons say to a bingo game three cities away.

See ppridgen1. Now you are funnier.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went on I-80 north past Park City, took the Heber exit to Heber. I wanted to go to Vernal, but decided to turn around and head for home because of time. Was a nice ride. Once I got into the mountains and high passes the weather was great. Are you planning on going to the races this weekend? The tickets are $50 for stadium and $35 for general addmission.

Reed

·
Registered
752 Posts
I think I will do the $50 option. I will know tonight. You?

Going to the Color Country rally next week?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have'nt decided yet. I would like to get the stadium seat, but with buying food and drinks I could problably buy some nice parts for the bike. I'll speak to my boss about it and let you know,

oldfart

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I did a 100 miles last week, Tuesday when I first picked mine up. Me and the GF went for a ride. It is neat how this bike does not even know there is a passenger on back! I need to schedule my 1st service pretty quick as I am over 400 miles today. My 99' Zrx 1100 has tire envy now! I took the old horse out today and yes it cuts turns better with mainly its 200lbs less weight and may be slightly sportier suspension but I already got spoiled to the M109's roll on power! My ZRX puts out 130hp to the rear tire and 80 ft lbs of torque but it feels real peaky compared to the M109.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Steve, the more you ride, the more you will fall in love. enjoy the beast and ride safe.

oldfart

1 - 8 of 8 Posts