M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read the threads on tires. So for those who would say it has been talked about adnausium, I really have searched to look for the answer to this: If I am going to a Metz 250 rear, I want to consider a Metz 150 front. How come everybody goes to a 160 front and there doesn't seem to be consideration for a 150? :dontknow: Am I missing something?

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,084 Posts
I think it's the height. In a 150 they are a 150/70, and in a 160 it is a 160/60. The 160 is wider but shorter than the 150. I've read of folks melting the front fender from using a 150 and not modding the fender for it. For a 160 the most you have to do is loosen the fender bolts and move the fender up as far as it will go.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
this is off topic as you said you wanted a metz, but as far as I could find Dunnie is the only company that makes a 150/60vr-18 front tire. used on the honda rune. fit is just fine with no adjustments.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I think it's the height. In a 150 they are a 150/70, and in a 160 it is a 160/60. The 160 is wider but shorter than the 150. I've read of folks melting the front fender from using a 150 and not modding the fender for it.
:agree::agree::agree:

Do NOT get the 150! Too dang tall of a sidewall.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the clarification. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
976 Posts
this is off topic as you said you wanted a metz, but as far as I could find Dunnie is the only company that makes a 150/60vr-18 front tire. used on the honda rune. fit is just fine with no adjustments.
I've asked for dissatisfied customers regarding the fat front mod. I haven't heard one complaint for the 160/60 but that hasn't been the case for the Dunnie 150/60. The profile is more pointed and 1 member had a low side crash. He switched to a 160/60 and says he's happier .

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
The problem I see is that you never know what the 160/260 Metzeler combo feels like until you do it. The 160/60VR18 fills out the fender perfectly. The 260/40VR18 has a taller, more rounded profile which makes it corner better than the wider, flatter Dunlop 250. MAny members tried the 150/70 front tire, only to find out that it'll melt the back of the front fender or pick up a rock that scores the underside of the fender until it breaks in two. Aside from those who say you should never run a rear tire on the front, everyone who's run the 160/60 front tire has loved it so much, they'll never go back to stock, myself included.

-Josh

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I've asked for dissatisfied customers regarding the fat front mod. I haven't heard one complaint for the 160/60 but that hasn't been the case for the Dunnie 150/60. The profile is more pointed and 1 member had a low side crash. He switched to a 160/60 and says he's happier .
Imay just do that in another 12 thousand miles. I got 11 thousand out of the stocker and 5 on this one now. I am satissfied with the performance so far and it stops on a dime. will see!

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
I want to do the 160 Metz but I'm afraid of the rock thing. I do ocassionally end up on gravel in my area. Can't completely avoid it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts