M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On March 23, 2007 I bought my beast and joined this forum. It was a cold rainy day and a miserable ride home, but it was worth every mile of it.

Because of this bike I've met a huge number of amazing people and made a lot of lifetime friends This forum has provided inspiration for a lot of us, me included. I still enjoy getting on here and reading every day.

I remember one night a few days after getting the bike, I woke up in a cold sweat. Thinking, My God, what have I done? I'm 53 years old and I just bought this huge, powerful motorcycle and there's no way I'm going to be able to handle this thing for very many years. 14 years later I'm glad I ignored those thoughts and just kept riding and enjoying.every minute of it. The 109 has just shy of 40,000 miles on it, most of them spent riding with my wife. The first couple years she rode with me, then later got her own. We've had some amazing rides and seen a lot of beautiful sights together over those years.

I guess what I'm saying is without this bike there would be a huge chunk of my life missing. It's added more enjoyment than I could ever have imagined.

Pics from today after a couple short rides around the block. It was cloudy but it still sparkles.

·
Radio Active Member
27,699 Posts
Well said Mike. 👏👏👏👏👏
I have met a lot of people that I consider friends also. The best group of people on any forum out there. Talk to you soon.

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Zoom, I love the storyline behind your purchasing of the bike, and what having it has done to add joy to your life over the past 14 years. Your bike is beautiful Bro, and it still looks to be in pristine condition. 😁 😎(y)🏆(y)😎😁

·
Registered
513 Posts
“I guess what I'm saying is without this bike there would be a huge chunk of my life missing. It's added more enjoyment than I could ever have imagined.”

ZOOM. This is a true statement for me also !!
Been riding since I was 5 and always had 2 or more bikes and I also
Have met a lot of great riding friends at the MAM from this forum.
Hogan109r

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the kind comments guys. I try to clean it after every ride and take pride in keeping it looking good

I think I received the best compliment on it a couple weeks ago. My brother was here for a visit and he's one of those diehard Harley fans. We were standing in the garage and he turned around and looked at the bike for a few minutes, then turned to me and said 'I hate to admit it, but that's the best looking bike I've ever seen". I knew it hurt him to say that. 😊

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Thanks for the kind comments guys. I try to clean it after every ride and take pride in keeping it looking good

I think I received the best compliment on it a couple weeks ago. My brother was here for a visit and he's one of those diehard Harley fans. We were standing in the garage and he turned around and looked at the bike for a few minutes, then turned to me and said 'I hate to admit it, but that's the best looking bike I've ever seen". I knew it hurt him to say that. 😊
I can believe that beyond a shadow of a doubt Zoom. Anyone being honest with themselves, while looking at your bike, would almost have to be compelled to offer up their compliments about the appearance of your 9. I love that 07' year model Suzuki version of Candy Apple Red. It's exponentially more alluring and beautiful out in the bright sun, as you well know for yourself. We have a relatively new member of our Forum who goes by the Forum name of DeputyDog357. He resides in Kentucky, and he has quickly become a good friend of mine. He has a very, very customized Harley Davidson (Full Bagger), which he has well over $50k invested. He's the one who bought MetalMan's 06' model M109R just about a month or so ago, because after seeing and being around mine and ZZUKE10's M109Rs, and witnessing the beauty of our bikes and falling in love with the sounds coming from our exhausts (at all speeds), he had to have one for himself. He loves his HD bike, but it just doesn't give him the same level of goosebumps he gets from the M109R. Right now, he is ABSOLUTLEY in love with his (new to him) M109R, which he purchased from MetalMan in excellent/almost perfect condition. ZZUKE10 and I are going to pour ourselves and our resources into helping him mod and upgrade his 9 to the point that he will be overwhelmed with joy every time he looks at and/or rides his BEAST!!! 😁 😎(y)😎 😁

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Photos never do paint any justice...great colour still looks like new🤙
Thanks bro, I try to keep it cleaned and polished. And it would probably help to take some good pictures on a sunny day. :)

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Beautiful bike Zoom! What kind of floorboards are those?
Thanks bro. Those are Kuryakyn Constellation floorboards. I've had them for several years and they are great, but unfortunately they discontinued them a few years ago.

·
Registered
205 Posts
This bike is amazing. It is a cult, similar to how the Vmax guys are. Mary and myself have become lifelong friends with many from here, that we never would have gotten with any other bike. You and Colleen, Ryan and Linda and others, just coming to our Holiday party or making plans to grab lunch. Bikes have been sold, new bikes replacing them, but the friendships have held firm. We have gone and vacationed with many 109 friends in the last few years, and I can honestly say that would never have been possible without the 109 and this forum. You joined right before I did, and even though I am 99% Facebook, I still come back and read and reply when I can. Your bike still looks new! Mary just hit 77k miles on hers. Motor comes out next month and we are doing a full freshen up on it from bearings, rings and also putting in an R&D transmission, even though hers is still fine.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Harris, I imagine a lot of us feel that way Look at all the folks that have had 109's and got off them years ago and still visit here, some often. I've had trucks and cars and other bikes and joined other forums, but once that vehicle was gone the forum pretty much disappeared too.

Maybe the 109 just attracts the right kind of people? :)

Glad to hear Mary's is still going well too, that's a testament to how good they can be that it's just now getting a refresh. (y)

·
Registered
258 Posts
This bike is amazing. It is a cult, similar to how the Vmax guys are. Mary and myself have become lifelong friends with many from here, that we never would have gotten with any other bike. You and Colleen, Ryan and Linda and others, just coming to our Holiday party or making plans to grab lunch. Bikes have been sold, new bikes replacing them, but the friendships have held firm. We have gone and vacationed with many 109 friends in the last few years, and I can honestly say that would never have been possible without the 109 and this forum. You joined right before I did, and even though I am 99% Facebook, I still come back and read and reply when I can. Your bike still looks new! Mary just hit 77k miles on hers. Motor comes out next month and we are doing a full freshen up on it from bearings, rings and also putting in an R&D transmission, even though hers is still fine.
I joined this site when I had a M90. It was the only forum I could find that actually had discussions about the bike. I had always "drooled" over the M1099R but really liked my M90. I'd probably still have it but it "broke" in an accident I was involved in. I had some pretty good insurance coverage on the bike and ended up with a M109R.

I follow some of the the FB forums as well for bikes including the M109R, and other interests. I really wish we could pull people back to the forums. The used to be so much more active. There much easier to find the information that you are looking for! I promote this site and other whenever I get a chance on the FB. I still check several forums daily but really do miss the activity they used to have.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Harris, I imagine a lot of us feel that way Look at all the folks that have had 109's and got off them years ago and still visit here, some often. I've had trucks and cars and other bikes and joined other forums, but once that vehicle was gone the forum pretty much disappeared too.

Maybe the 109 just attracts the right kind of people? :)

Glad to hear Mary's is still going well too, that's a testament to how good they can be that it's just now getting a refresh. (y)
Wellllll, hers is eating oil pretty good and on wot, we are seeing black smoke coming out the back. It is time to do the rings so I figured I would do a full tear down. I have way too many of them to do this year already and just found out that Mark at R&D is 16 weeks out right now. LOL

I joined this site when I had a M90. It was the only forum I could find that actually had discussions about the bike. I had always "drooled" over the M1099R but really liked my M90. I'd probably still have it but it "broke" in an accident I was involved in. I had some pretty good insurance coverage on the bike and ended up with a M109R.

I follow some of the the FB forums as well for bikes including the M109R, and other interests. I really wish we could pull people back to the forums. The used to be so much more active. There much easier to find the information that you are looking for! I promote this site and other whenever I get a chance on the FB. I still check several forums daily but really do miss the activity they used to have.
I agree, the forum used to be fun and a one stop shop. Now there are like 6 FB groups I get notifications from and it does get hard. Had the owners of this board not screwed up users names and passwords it would have bee better. I gave up for a few years before just creating a new one.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Wellllll, hers is eating oil pretty good and on wot, we are seeing black smoke coming out the back. It is time to do the rings so I figured I would do a full tear down. I have way too many of them to do this year already and just found out that Mark at R&D is 16 weeks out right now. LOL

I agree, the forum used to be fun and a one stop shop. Now there are like 6 FB groups I get notifications from and it does get hard. Had the owners of this board not screwed up users names and passwords it would have bee better. I gave up for a few years before just creating a new one.
Unfortunately, its not only this board that has seen a drastic decline in usage. Too many people using social media for what worked so much better on a forum! Sad times...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts