M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, Just got back, seriously just walked in the door, from a 2 day 1100 mile rider from the Kansas City, Missouri area down through Eureka Springs, Arkansas. We stayed in a nice hotel in Eureka Springs, only $39 a night for three of us. We made that our home base and rode out from there each day. We rode HWY 23, which is known as the Pig Trail Scenic byway. I had done that before on my old bike, but it was still great. The next morning we got up and rode down HWY 7 to Russelville Arkansas and then back up HWY 27 to the area around Bull Shoals Lake. 7 was awesome. From one vantage point you look down into the deepest gorge in Arkansas and you get to pass through the town of Booger Hollow. For the trip home we went North on Hwy 23 into Missouri, then on Hwy 86, which turned out to be an awesome and beautiful finale to the trip before we hit 4 lane and civilization.

I highly recommend the Eureka Springs area for riders. There are at least 3 biker theme hotels and the rest of the hotels have "riders welcome" signes. We stayed at the Swiss Villiage. There is a heated pool, which we used both nights to sooth butts. There is a liqour store right next door if you need adult refreshments, which we did, to take to the pool, to sooth our butts. Lots of great scenery and good food.

Interestingly enough, last night we were sitting in Pub, and a couple other bikers came in. They had just rode non-stop from the Dragon in NC!! They were both riding HD Road Kings, but had lots of nice comments about my Burple Baby. Lots of folks at gas stations and other stops along the way had great things to say about her.

She ran great. She was comfortable, as can be in that situation. I wish she had gotten a little better mileage, but averaged around 40. Did I mention I was in the throttle alot, I love the twisties. But, I have only had her two weeks and she already has 1900 miles on her!! Did I mention I love this bike?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Hey bro, next time don't stop at Russelville on Hwy 7, go all the way down thru Hot Springs and on to Arkadelphia.. thats some good riding also and the stretch from Hot Springs south to IH30 doesn't have a straight away to be found.. I have made that trip many times to see my family in Hot Springs area.. Great in my 'stang (gone now) be even better on the 109.

Just be careful not to make that trip on a race day at Oaklawn Downs or you'll be stuck in town in stop and go traffic for hours.

Enjoy the ride, don't forget to change the oil occassionally and Ride Strong!! :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
fignewt3 said:
Hey Guys, Just got back, seriously just walked in the door, from a 2 day 1100 mile rider from the Kansas City, Missouri area down through Eureka Springs, Arkansas. We stayed in a nice hotel in Eureka Springs, only $39 a night for three of us. We made that our home base and rode out from there each day. We rode HWY 23, which is known as the Pig Trail Scenic byway. I had done that before on my old bike, but it was still great. The next morning we got up and rode down HWY 7 to Russelville Arkansas and then back up HWY 27 to the area around Bull Shoals Lake. 7 was awesome. From one vantage point you look down into the deepest gorge in Arkansas and you get to pass through the town of Booger Hollow. For the trip home we went North on Hwy 23 into Missouri, then on Hwy 86, which turned out to be an awesome and beautiful finale to the trip before we hit 4 lane and civilization.

I highly recommend the Eureka Springs area for riders. There are at least 3 biker theme hotels and the rest of the hotels have "riders welcome" signes. We stayed at the Swiss Villiage. There is a heated pool, which we used both nights to sooth butts. There is a liqour store right next door if you need adult refreshments, which we did, to take to the pool, to sooth our butts. Lots of great scenery and good food.

Interestingly enough, last night we were sitting in Pub, and a couple other bikers came in. They had just rode non-stop from the Dragon in NC!! They were both riding HD Road Kings, but had lots of nice comments about my Burple Baby. Lots of folks at gas stations and other stops along the way had great things to say about her.

She ran great. She was comfortable, as can be in that situation. I wish she had gotten a little better mileage, but averaged around 40. Did I mention I was in the throttle alot, I love the twisties. But, I have only had her two weeks and she already has 1900 miles on her!! Did I mention I love this bike?
I live in NW Arkansas and ride those roads every weekend... Next time you are down I would recommend a ride down to Hot Springs. :D Take the pig trail (23) down to (309). This road will take you across "Mt Magazine" which is also a very nice ride. :D Then once you hit (10) take it east to (7)and FInish the ride into Hot Springs on (7).

From Eureka your looking at around 200 miles for this trip. It is well worth it.

Another nice trip is to take 86 from 23 like you did, but once you hit 76 take it east into Branson. This will take you through the Mark Twain Forest which is about 20 to 30 miles on Twisties without a car in site.... Oh, and did I mention the trees canopy over the road for about 1/3 to 1/2 of it??

Glad you enjoyed riding around my neighborhood!! :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: Next time your headed down this way shoot me a message and I'll ride around with you.
:doorag:

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
DaltonH said:
Hey bro, next time don't stop at Russelville on Hwy 7, go all the way down thru Hot Springs and on to Arkadelphia.. thats some good riding also and the stretch from Hot Springs south to IH30 doesn't have a straight away to be found.. I have made that trip many times to see my family in Hot Springs area.. Great in my 'stang (gone now) be even better on the 109.

Just be careful not to make that trip on a race day at Oaklawn Downs or you'll be stuck in town in stop and go traffic for hours.Â

Enjoy the ride, don't forget to change the oil occassionally and Ride Strong!!  :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
Where do you live Dalton?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Currently in Austin, Texas.. Soon to be in Phoenix, AZ.. but I was born and raised in Arkansas (until the age of 17 when I decided to go into the Army).. I still have a sister in Redfield, a brother in Hot Springs and my mom lives in Fayetteville. Aunts, Uncles and cousins all over the state. I don't get to make it back as much as I'd like, but I never forget a fun road :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Wow, lots of Arkansa ties here. Been living in Ft. Smith for almost 5 years now. Been to E.S. once for our anniversary and have ridden to Mt. Magazine twice. That's a fairly nice ride...

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
that is some beautiful country. went through last year on way to Branson MO. wished we would have hung out around Eureka Springs once we had done it. killer roads.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts