M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I don't have all the mods but I do ride the piss out of her, cruise at 90 most times. waiting on the intake kit so right now just JSD mod and stock pipes gutted. runs ok but just worried after the concerns on here about good fuel/detonation etc. Man, theres a lot of stuff to take off to get at the plugs. I am getting better at removing and replacing the push pin thingies and all the snap together plastic, man I hate when it makes that sound like it just broke! several interesting finds. one was my plugs were very clean not white but a light grey. I remember someone on here saying theirs were sooty looking like rich. My ZRX 11 spark plug wrench was like made for this. I did not have any loose coolant hoses and no leaks but did move the hose clamps where they are easy to access now. the last thing is kinda weird. there were two bolts laying on the frame at the rear of the gas tank! they were the dark green looking kind. set them aside thinking I would see something. when I got everything loose under the tank and picked it up to move it the bracket at the rear that bolts it to the frame felt kind of flimsy. I tilted the tank up and the bracket is bolted onto the tank and two were missing, grabbed the little buggers and put them back in with a shot of blue locktite. I don't notice anything different with the bike now but I feel better, especially since the mods are coming.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Just curious, but if your plugs were in such good condition, why change them? From what I've read regarding the 10's, you're gonna have to change them much more regularly.

G

·
Whoa! They must have been assemblying it and forgot where they put the bolts when the sexy new boss lady walked by... :joke: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
M109R Fan said:
Whoa! They must have been assemblying it and forgot where they put the bolts when the sexy new boss lady walked by... :joke: :bigthumbsup:
I've been in two auto assembly plants before (worked in the plant for 6+ years)...and have never seen a sexy new boss lady in either one.

Now...a sexy new temporary..yeah, that'll distract every guy on the line (and about 1 of every 8 of the gals I worked with).

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
could have just been hangover Monday on the assembly line! :eek: I found the rear most exhaust bolt that holds the two pipes together right beside the rear brake caliper area gone today when I was washing her. lucky for me I keep some spare metric nuts and bolts. this was a short 8mm x 1.25 thread and it went back in with some blue locktite. funny thing is the hose clamps on mine where everyone else it seems got the coolant leaks were tight as hell, go figure. I went with the CR10EK's on JR's and several others recommendations. I have not done all the performance mods yet but since I don't really know how good the fuel I am using really is and I ride the piss out of it I did not want to take any chances. Like I said, the stock 8's were not white or blistered but light grey in color so It won't hurt to run the 10's and then I'll be ready for the rest of my mods that are coming in. Second day I have ridden with them in and no noticeable difference just peace of mind.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts