M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided if I'm going to keep my trailer hitch on my bike I need to do something to it to make it look cool so I decided to mount two Nitrous bottles to the vertical brace's. I'll make new one's out of 1" pipe. I need to decide what size bottles to put on there though. I was going to go with the 10oz bottles but the brackets cost about the same so now I'm looking at the bigger bottles. My Valk had two 2lb bottles and my Boss has one 10lb bottle. What would you guys do?

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Hard to say without seeing it on the bike. I think the 10# is gonna be too big though.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Medic1210 said:
Hard to say without seeing it on the bike. I think the 10# is gonna be too big though.
I thought he said 10 pound also. The service manage at the local dealer rides a 109 and he has a working system and put the bottle between the side covers so you don't even know it is on the bike. It makes for a nice little surprise.

·
Registered
134 Posts
If it is going on the hitch, Iwould say one of the middle size, but if the mounting would be on the trailer, I would say the biggest one on each side.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I wold go with the 2lb at least as there is nothing more embarassing than running out of the laughing gas and then the laugh is on you :redfaced: All that fuel and no gas will make LaMonster a slow boy! Are you going to run a microswitch on the throttle or a manual thumb button?

Careful though, first time I used it on my 68 Camaro it pulled the front wheels 3 feet in first and carried second 18inches for about 3 seconds! Trap speed went up from 133mph to 150mph! :bigthumbsup: :D
It was all good until the fuel pressure dropped and torched the Airflow Reaseach aluminum heads :(

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I would put the on the last one on the far right. The rest are too fat, and would look funny to me.
:doorag:

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
smaller ones look cleaner...bigger ones might make U look like a firetruck.. ;)

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
J R said:
I went with the 2.5 # chrome for each side I wanted a bottle for each side :bigthumbsup:
I,m with JR on this one, one for each side looks cooler with twice the fun. :D :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

Chuck

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
J R said:
Only diff in the 2 and the 2.5 bottle is how tall they are.Bringin a 1 pounder is like bringin a gun with 1 bullet in it, Everyone knows all you got is about a half of run or maybe 1 run on a good dry shot.All they gotta do is wait ya out to use it on sombody else then come wanna play. Might as well bring 5 pounds of the juice the bikes heavy already and you cant really hide but a little tiny bit.So go for it and do it to it :doorag: Bring enough to party all day and into the night :D :evil: :bigthumbsup:
:evil:

·
Registered
890 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
or at least you could repair the hubble space telescope again!!! :joke: :bigthumbsup:
Would that require different riding attire? :joke: :evil: :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

Devilish

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
DevilishEyes109 said:
Would that require different riding attire? :joke: :evil: :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

Devilish
Only if the return trip is important to you. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
462 Posts
Lamonster said:
I've decided if I'm going to keep my trailer hitch on my bike I need to do something to it to make it look cool so I decided to mount two Nitrous bottles to the vertical brace's. I'll make new one's out of 1" pipe. I need to decide what size bottles to put on there though. I was going to go with the 10oz bottles but the brackets cost about the same so now I'm looking at the bigger bottles. My Valk had two 2lb bottles and my Boss has one 10lb bottle. What would you guys do?

Do they come in keg sizes ............................ :DÂ Â Â ......strap it to the passenger seat this way u can pop a wheelie no effort.... :hot:

·
Registered
273 Posts
My vote goes for 2 of the 2lb. bottles. This should be enough to have some fun with and still not be too bulky on the back end. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts