M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of days ago I posted a message on a Warrior forum about the 109. I asked if anyone had gone up against one yet and if so how'd it end up. Evidently no one had raced a 109R yet but a few folks were actually offended that I mentioned the bike. Sounds like some of those guys are a little insecure. I can't blame them! ;)
www.hellrisercustoms.com/oychoppa

·
Registered
525 Posts
OYChoppa said:
A couple of days ago I posted a message on a Warrior forum about the 109. I asked if anyone had gone up against one yet and if so how'd it end up. Evidently no one had raced a 109R yet but a few folks were actually offended that I mentioned the bike. Sounds like some of those guys are a little insecure. I can't blame them! ;)
I hope the 109ers stay a little more open minded when the next best thing hits the market. :)

·
Radio Active Member
27,671 Posts
toneout said:
I will but it's good to be king for a while.
I'm with you. It is great being the King of the hill right now, but next year brings new bikes but also more modifications for us as well. So we will even be faster. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thats right we have the bragging rights as of now and when something does comeout thats better we can say that yeah its bad but it had to outdo us to take the throne

·
Registered
817 Posts
300CREW said:
I hope the 109ers stay a little more open minded when the next best thing hits the market. :)
From the looks of what Yamaha has planned for the new V-Max, that's the bike my money is on. Though, since that's not a V-Twin, I'm not sure it it counts. ;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
OYChoppa said:
Sounds like you were simply trying to bait them into a flame fest. You'd be better off just going for a ride.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
My buddy has a Warrior and the 109 will stomp all over it! Although the warrior is what I was originally looking at, till I saw the 109. I didn't need to do anymore looking! My mind was made up. The warrior looks like a mini bike in comparison!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Joshua_109 said:
My buddy has a Warrior and the 109 will stomp all over it! Although the warrior is what I was originally looking at, till I saw the 109. I didn't need to do anymore looking! My mind was made up. The warrior looks like a mini bike in comparison!
Now that is ironic... I was doing exactly the same, looking at the Warrior before I got the 109. I almost didn't even look at Suzuki when I went for a new ride, because when I started looking hard last year, I didn't like any of the Boulevard bikes. The warrior has that huge can of an exhaust, but I thought it was something that would maybe grow on ya. I was saved from that when I saw the 109 on the cover of MCruiser a few weeks ago. After I saw that cover, read the writeup, I went to the suz dealer the next day. Wanted black, he said a week or so out in seattle. Wife came by after I was there for an hour.
Next morning, Sat, I bought the purple on and love it

·
Registered
525 Posts
Wanted said:
From the looks of what Yamaha has planned for the new V-Max, that's the bike my money is on. Though, since that's not a V-Twin, I'm not sure it it counts. ;)
I have always liked the V-Max. To me it is STILL the king of the "cruisers". ( Although, some Triple owners may disagree )

·
Registered
192 Posts
Now that Suzuki has broken the mold and went with a DOHC V Twin cruiser to up the HP war, if sales are a success stand by for the others to build hi-po cruisers as well. All the manufacturers have racing technology to draw from. Suzuki is a bit of a trailblazer. The new VMAX will destroy for sure. I hope they don't come out for a while though so I can enjoy the 109 envy-free

·
Registered
817 Posts
bollert said:
Now that Suzuki has broken the mold and went with a DOHC V Twin cruiser to up the HP war, if sales are a success stand by for the others to build hi-po cruisers as well. All the manufacturers have racing technology to draw from. Suzuki is a bit of a trailblazer. The new VMAX will destroy for sure. I hope they don't come out for a while though so I can enjoy the 109 envy-free
Well, as the V-Max won't be a V-Twin, the M109 should stand atop the Twin hierachy for a few more years at least.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm not sure if you've seen the concept version of the V-Max but it is down right hideous!!!! I'm not much of a V-Max fan anyway. I thought they were cool once upon a time,(back in the 80's when I was sporting a mullet and wearing parachute pants). They may be quick but they're not much to look at and even less to sit on. If you're over 5' 10" it's not a comfortable ride. Yamaha can keep that one.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Yeah, I agree it's kinda goofy looking, but it's supposed to sport 180 HP -- or so Yamaha is claiming. We'll see.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts