M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st post, wanted to say hello. I am currently riding 2000 929rr and looking to make the jump. Just curious. The dimensions listed on suzuki's webpage for overall length of 96.9" Is that from absolute tip to tip? I have an eight foot trailer that gives me 98" of clearance for length. Will the 109r fit?

Thanks in advance!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
I park in a space made for motorcycles. It's 5' x 8'. I park the bike at a slight angle with the front wheel turned as far as it will go to the left, then lock the fork. I do that since the space is on a slight incline. The M109 fits in it just fine... with maybe 3 inches to spare length-wise. I can't measure my M109 tip to tip right now. I'm sure other riders can measure their bikes sooner. Take a tape measure with you when you see the bike at a dealer. Hope that helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
threexl said:
I park in a space made for motorcycles. It's 5' x 8'. I park the bike at a slight angle with the front wheel turned as far as it will go to the left, then lock the fork. I do that since the space is on a slight incline. The M109 fits in it just fine... with maybe 3 inches to spare length-wise. I can't measure my M109 tip to tip right now. I'm sure other riders can measure their bikes sooner. Take a tape measure with you when you see the bike at a dealer. Hope that helps.
Thanks. The problem I seem to run into is no dealers have any instock. Sold out all over the place :mad: I figure she'll be close either way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ppridgen1 said:
wher are you located ,my dealer in Titusville has one blurple one left
:bigthumbsup: :doorag:
Ontario, Canada. I am not too far outside of Toronto. I think if I were to make a trip into the city, I could likely track one down. A good excuse to go bike shoppin for a day ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ppridgen1 said:
wher are you located ,my dealer in Titusville has one blurple one left
:bigthumbsup: :doorag:
Never been a big fan of the blurple ones ;)

Anyway if someone happens to know the complete length, it would be much appreciated!!

thanks in advance
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
I carried a 5x8 trailer up to Tenn. from Mobile,Al. to pick up my bike. While loading it up I had only 1.5 inches left. Talking about a nervous ride home. It fits but I will not do it again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
medic32 said:
I carried a 5x8 trailer up to Tenn. from Mobile,Al. to pick up my bike. While loading it up I had only 1.5 inches left. Talking about a nervous ride home.  It fits but I will not do it again.
That is what I kinda figured out for space left over approx 1-2 inches. My tail gate is detachable so it could always just come right off after loading....but what a pain in the @ss! I guess if it fits....it fits...there should'nt be any rolling or movement when it is strapped down to the front wall of the trailer. But it would be nice to have a little extra room :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,579 Posts
Trailered mine home in a covered 5x8 Uhaul. Tight fit, but no problems. I just had someone straddle the bike and push it against the front wall while I strapped the riser bars. Went home without a problem. :bigthumbsup:
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top