M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
Hoe gaan dit Chris?

My buddy has a warrior and there is no contest. Almost from the start I pull away from him and all he than sees is the back of me.
Around the twisties its a different story, the warrior corners a lot better than the 109, but you have to realise, rider skills plays a big part as well.
One time on a straight run, he tried so hard that he snapped his drive belt, the tow truck had to come and fetch him. :eek:

·
Registered
133 Posts
stock on stock, no contest, the m109 will win in a straight line. in the curves, the m109 will have to give it up for the warrior. if it is a modded Warrior Vs stock 109, watch out(but who rides around stock anyway!!)

in an 1/8 mile drag, with both modded bikes, Warrior i believe will win. have only seen a couple of folks on this forum get under 8 sec 1/8ths, and a basically stock warrior with right rider will achieve under 8's continiously. (mine 7.42 1/8-not stock-and i am not skinny) 1/4 drags i would say all of it goes to the M109.

basically it boils down to type of race, drag or thru traffic, twisties etc. both bikes have there weak points and both have there strong points, both bikes are awsome in their own right.

G

·
koekies said:
Does anyone know how the 109 performs against the warrior?
Straight line, moderate road = 109
Twisties with the riders being equal = warrior

I've had both and the warrior is the best handling cruiser I've ever ridden.

·
Registered
443 Posts
SLOPOKE said:
stock on stock, no contest, the m109 will win in a straight line. in the curves, the m109 will have to give it up for the warrior. if it is a modded Warrior Vs stock 109, watch out(but who rides around stock anyway!!)

in an 1/8 mile drag, with both modded bikes, Warrior i believe will win. have only seen a couple of folks on this forum get under 8 sec 1/8ths, and a basically stock warrior with right rider will achieve under 8's continiously. (mine 7.42 1/8-not stock-and i am not skinny) 1/4 drags i would say all of it goes to the M109.

basically it boils down to type of race, drag or thru traffic, twisties etc. both bikes have there weak points and both have there strong points, both bikes are awsome in their own right.
Great answer! :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: They are both great bikes. To each, his own.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I smoked one the second day I owned my 109... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
35 Posts
My buddy just bought an 06 warrior last week, started telling my buds how he would smoke me with his new exhaust. we traded bikes for a cruise and he even told me how much more powerful my bike is. Although riding his bike was alot of fun and really easy to ride it has good power and hate to say it handles way better. It is much much smaller though and has no wind protection. If you think your going to buy a warrior and beat an 109 stock in a drag race your dead wrong. You would have to put some money into it. My bud is doing the power commander, pipes and air box so I'll let you know if he's gained any ground in the straight line acceleration. But it is definitely a cool fun bike, but I wanted the top dog in metric power and I'm very happy with my choice.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Looks mighty custom to me. Is that a factory option or several thousands of dollars added to a stock warrior?. To each his own. Getting bored of the vs. threads, surely there is something more constructive to talk about

·
Registered
161 Posts
FatmotherM109 said:
My bud is doing the power commander, pipes and air box so I'll let you know if he's gained any ground in the straight line acceleration.
You'll still have him after he does that as well. He won't be as far behind, but he will still be behind.

·
Registered
13 Posts
BlkM109r said:
Looks mighty custom to me. Is that a factory option or several thousands of dollars added to a stock warrior?. To each his own. Getting bored of the vs. threads, surely there is something more constructive to talk about
Yes i do have a little money into the bike.But dont we all

Dont take it the wrong way. :D

·
Registered
326 Posts
BlkM109r said:
Getting bored of the vs. threads, surely there is something more constructive to talk about
Don't open them.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts