M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was sitting at a red light when I guy with a 911 pulled up next to me. I noticed him gawking at my 9, and I also noticed his white hair, so I never even gave a thought to the notion of him racing me. As soon as the light turned green he launched the 911 hard. I wasn't ready so he had 3 or 4 car lengths on me before I even knew I was in a race. Then I bounced the 9 off the rev limiter in 1st gear (something I've never done before), and then I finally got my whits about me and by the time I was in 3rd gear I caught and passed him, but I didn't fly by him. Those 911s are fast as hell! I couldn't tell if it was a turbo or not, but that was by far the fastest car I've raced with the 9.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Somewhere on a Porche forum, he's saying he whooped a M109 last night. I mean, how could one deal with a $10k bike beating a $40k Porche. Nice kill grampi!:bigthumbsup:
I'll take a $40,000 porche:eek::eek::eek::evil:

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Sic em Grampi, We ain't to old and slow to get the wine and cheese guys to say uncle. Bet he was suprised when you blew past him. Bet you were too.
Bob

·
Registered
175 Posts
It's amazing how fast some cars are. I remember playing around utube and I saw a vid of a busa or some crotch rocket going down one of those long desert roads over 200 mph if I recall. Suddenly the 3000 h.p. (as I recall) viper it was racing blew by it like it was sitting still. Crazy! I think lots of that stuff goes on in those long stretches of road out west.

Bikes are insanly fast and will take most cars even modded ones in the beginning but if the race is a long one >1/4 mile, look out for the car!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Yesterday I was sitting at a red light when I guy with a 911 pulled up next to me. I noticed him gawking at my 9, and I also noticed his white hair, so I never even gave a thought to the notion of him racing me. As soon as the light turned green he launched the 911 hard. I wasn't ready so he had 3 or 4 car lengths on me before I even knew I was in a race. Then I bounced the 9 off the rev limiter in 1st gear (something I've never done before), and then I finally got my whits about me and by the time I was in 3rd gear I caught and passed him, but I didn't fly by him. Those 911s are fast as hell! I couldn't tell if it was a turbo or not, but that was by far the fastest car I've raced with the 9.
Find 'em and challenge him to a legit rematch, just so you can lay the smackdown on him! Frikkin' snipers...:swear: :evil:

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Since he was an older dude, I'm guessing he let off :eek: once his point was made.

Next time you should blast off the line an whoop him properly! but the next dude probably wont race and you will feel "unraced".....or will you brag about how badly you whooped a neon:eek: :D

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
CBR1000
I really like your car. Gotta watch us old guys. Had mine to 160 at El Mirage in the dirt.
Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
give one to the geezers

Geezer Doc

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
It's amazing how fast some cars are. I remember playing around utube and I saw a vid of a busa or some crotch rocket going down one of those long desert roads over 200 mph if I recall. Suddenly the 3000 h.p. (as I recall) viper it was racing blew by it like it was sitting still. Crazy! I think lots of that stuff goes on in those long stretches of road out west.

Bikes are insanly fast and will take most cars even modded ones in the beginning but if the race is a long one >1/4 mile, look out for the car!
About 8 yrs ago I raced a Viper with my ZX9. We were at the light and his passenger started talking smack about my bike. "oh you think that's fast"? I didn't have the ZX9 stickers on there, I think he thought it was something smaller. I didn't say anything, but gave a head nod towards the next light. Light turned green and I let him stay next to me, but when I hit second at 80 and floated the front end and pulled away all I could do was :D. When they pulled up at the next light he asked what size it that? I then told him 900cc. Then he said he'd catch me at top end, my reply was ya, but we don't have the room to go that fast. :evil: Sorry for the long story.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Since he was an older dude, I'm guessing he let off :eek: once his point was made.

Next time you should blast off the line an whoop him properly! but the next dude probably wont race and you will feel "unraced".....or will you brag about how badly you whooped a neon:eek: :D
He still had his foot into it when I passed him, or I would've went by him a lot faster than I did.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
About 8 yrs ago I raced a Viper with my ZX9. We were at the light and his passenger started talking smack about my bike. "oh you think that's fast"? I didn't have the ZX9 stickers on there, I think he thought it was something smaller. I didn't say anything, but gave a head nod towards the next light. Light turned green and I let him stay next to me, but when I hit second at 80 and floated the front end and pulled away all I could do was :D. When they pulled up at the next light he asked what size it that? I then told him 900cc. Then he said he'd catch me at top end, my reply was ya, but we don't have the room to go that fast. :evil: Sorry for the long story.
Yeah, I whupped a Viper pretty bad with my V-Max, but like you said, he would've taken me on the top end.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
I'd be a little nervous racing a high powered car side by side, you know the guy is an amateur and could get sideways and take you out in a heartbeat

·
Banned
408 Posts
Watch out, some of these cars guys get seriously mad when they lose. Years ago while riding my ZRX a guy in a Z28 camaro challenged me at a traffic light from a dead stop. He had his GF in the car with him. We were on a highway with no cars ahead of us, as we took off I could hear he had a supercharger but I still pulled away from him easily and left him behind. When I hit about 120 I slowed down to normal speed, no reason to get a ticket. I was minding my own business riding in the right lane when I see the guy in the camaro coming up in the left lane fast, he pulls up to to me, slows down then pulls in behind me abruptly and only a foot from my rear tire. He continued tailgating me and even pulled back into the left lane and swerved his car at me while his GF gave me the finger. I pulled off onto the shoulder of the road literally shaking, this guy just tried to kill me. He couldn't accept the fact he lost.
Most car guys know they cannot beat a bike from a dead stop so they don't even try, then there are some who are living in outer space and think they can. Yet car guys think a real race is all about top speed and to that I say BS!. You will never see me attempt top speed either in my car or bike on the street.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.