M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just thinking how cool it would be if there was a 109 tour ride or a meeting place where we could all get together once a year. It would be hard to do I know, but maybe somebody could get it started. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Is a group getting organized for a ride to Biketoberfest? Lots have commented individually about heading down there but I thought some were going to try and do a group ride.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Somewhere in the middle of the country. Where the ride would be more centralized.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
I think it would be cool too but after helping to organize several events like this I would never do it again. :confused: The only ones that have really worked for me is we just say that you are going to be at such and such place on such and such date and here's the hotel I'm staying at. If that's what you had in mind that would be cool but a "real" M109 event is hard to pull off without someone saying it's too far or the dates are wrong or some other thing that leaves the rest of us out. We do a little get together in Maggie Valley every year and it's a "all bikes" meeting and it's really a lot of fun. No vendors, no rules, no cost. :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lamonster said:
I think it would be cool too but after helping to organize several events like this I would never do it again. :confused: The only ones that have really worked for me is we just say that you are going to be at such and such place on such and such date and here's the hotel I'm staying at. If that's what you had in mind that would be cool but a "real" M109 event is hard to pull off without someone saying it's too far or the dates are wrong or some other thing that leaves the rest of us out. We do a little get together in Maggie Valley every year and it's a "all bikes" meeting and it's really a lot of fun. No vendors, no rules, no cost. :bigthumbsup: :doorag:
Where is maggie valley?

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
yea next year i am thinking about if i know for a fact that i am going to a state to do some riding going to post it on the board and maybe meet up with people that way i love to do road trips but half the time i never know where i am going until i get there that is how i was in tn and nc this year

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
M109 Widow said:
Yep JR toneout and a few others of us here are gonna get together and when we get a little closer we'll post the itinerary.that way we can all meet
Keep me posted. I have that week off for vacation and no plans for Wed through the weekend.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
i need a little warning before an event, I have to turn in vacation request at work 3-4 months in advance. I would be interested in a NC trip to get together. Maggie's sounds like it's in my price range! I want to ride the Dragon anyway, so when and where next year Lamonster??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts